Can't open second tab

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2014 08:21 am
In the past while editing a posting I had always been able to open the thread in a second (or even third) tab, permitting me temporarily to return to my OP, for instance, in order to copy a phrase I wanted to use in my edit

…but this morning I am unable to do that. When I open the second, the first where I'd been editing, has been deleted and so I lose the edit and all the work it had required. So has there been a radical change in a2k software….

…or without realizing it have I committed a procedural error of some sort
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 340 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2014 10:03 am
@dalehileman,
Delete 2d comma in 2d para

Incidentally supposing I was the victim of a glitch in Mac I exited Safari then re-entered. Still unable to get second tab
dalehileman

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 04:17 pm
@dalehileman,
Am I the only one out of 100,000 participants that opens a thread in two tabs
ossobuco

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 04:26 pm
@dalehileman,
I don't know. I don't use tabs, at least that I know of. I just open another window.

If you use safari, just click on File and then New Window and select a2k and whatever page again.

My mac is old, yours may differ.

You could look up mac advice at many sites online. It seems that most here use microsoft pcs.
BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 04:30 pm
@dalehileman,
I doubt if it have anything to do with able2know software but most likely in your browser/system software.

I have just open such tabs on able2know in chrome under XP OS without a problem.

Suggest trying a reboot of your system and if that does not work try using another browser.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 04:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I just open another window
Yea, on my PC at least that's what tabs are for

Quote:
If you use safari, just click on File and then New Window and select a2k and whatever page again.
Thanks Oss but I get an error message to the effect that Safari is offline

Was hoping for input from a2k tech tho inclined to agree w/Bill the trouble must be in my system
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 10:40 am
@ossobuco,
Again thanks, Oss, your posting at least gave me hope. Meantime however my No. 2 Son showed me how to right-click on the open tab, yielding a "New Tab"

….a move I might have discovered myself if I weren't so old and lazy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Can't open second tab
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 11:37:29