Knee problem

Rah140

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 07:05 am
I am 51 years old and a few months ago, I started bicycling to strengthen my legs for the upcoming ski season. About 3 weeks ago, I felt a slight pain under my kneecap when I walked up a step. The pain is a slight discomfort when I kneel down, bend my knee, or put pressure on it in a certain position. I have never experienced this before and I am concerned about the up coming ski season.

The pain was almost gone and then yesterday I was doing some leg strength exercises and I now notice a slight pain reappear, but this time is is near the side of the kneecap. I don't think it will affect my skiing, but I would like to know what's wrong.

Any ideal on the problem and what I should do for treatment.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 477 • Replies: 1
No top replies

luismtzzz

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 05:00 pm
@Rah140,
It could be nothing serious like a strain of one of the anterior ligaments of the articular capsule, but your best bet since you want to go skiing is to be checked by a traumalogist, specifically one sub specialized in knee lesions. There could be multiple types of lesions better get that knee checked out.

Do not waste time since knee recovery takes time and is usually aided with physical therapy which takes time and effort. So you may lose part of the seson if you wait until is late.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Knee problem
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 08:57:24