Do you like watching advertising ?

Miller

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 01:58 pm
I always enjoy the Bud ads.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 01:59 pm
Yes, I do like watching ads. But I also like wearing clothespins on my nipples, so what does that tell you.

What drives me nuts lately are these Hardee's commercials. These fake confessionals about hamburgers, as if everyone is writing about angus beef in their diaries.

I wish they would interview me about Hardee's. You'll see me in black and white, sitting in a chair. I will recount the time I had really bad diarrhea, driving down Montgomery road in Norwood, Ohio. I had my choice of about five fast food restaurants in the same plaza.

I chose Hardees. I could have picked KFC. I could have picked Taco Bell. But something just seemed right about unloading my bowels at Hardees.

It's how the last place you go to befoul the restroom will become the first.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 02:04 pm
Gargamel, I do enjoy your posts immensely. I'm not familiar with Hardee's. It must be an American thing. There is nothing wrong with Angus beef, it is my choice, but man....those ads as you describe them must be annoying.

Who is to blame drom? Nobody but ourselves really, because too many of us buy into the scam.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 02:26 pm
Who is to blame?

I don't know who invented the capitalist economy, but it's "that guy." We all want the freedom to spend our money any way we want. So companies have to compete for our dollars by making us want their products/services more than others. It's an imperfect system, to be sure, but we asked for it.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 02:31 pm
Eva wrote:
Who is to blame?

I don't know who invented the capitalist economy, but it's "that guy." We all want the freedom to spend our money any way we want. So companies have to compete for our dollars by making us want their products/services more than others. It's an imperfect system, to be sure, but we asked for it.

Ipso facto, you agree with me that we only have ourselves to blame. :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 07:00 pm
Yep. Smile

I would just disagree that it's necessarily a "scam." There are a lot of good products & services out there that people really do need. And if it weren't for advertising, they'd never know about them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 07:05 pm
Frankly, I find many of the ads more entertaining than the programs. I don't think they are able to manipulate my buying habits very much. For instance, I love watching Jack-in-the-Box ads, but have only eaten their food perhaps five or six times over a ten year period.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 07:35 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Frankly, I find many of the ads more entertaining than the programs. I don't think they are able to manipulate my buying habits very much. For instance, I love watching Jack-in-the-Box ads, but have only eaten their food perhaps five or six times over a ten year period.

amen, when you see a good ad it's usually ten times better than any show on tv, the cannes awards for advertising are always good, a showcase of the top ads froma round the world
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:17 pm
Yes there is something sickly fascinating about ads that insult intelligence. Like watching a car wreck. I do love talking back to the television.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:20 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Yes there is something sickly fascinating about ads that insult intelligence. Like watching a car wreck. I do love talking back to the television.

Ha! Me too...I feel like a total curmudgeon sometimes, saying "how can people fall for this crap" and stuff like that...to the TV...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 04:48 am
My husband has stopped coming into the room, thinking that I was speaking to him. He knows now that I'm just talking back to the tv.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 12:11:02