winter or summer?

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 02:46 pm
I'm wondering if there are more people who prefer hot weather. I prefer cold weather, and I live in the south... so I feel a little alone complaining about the heat, and opening the windows in the winter.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 791 • Replies: 17
No top replies

margo

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 03:35 pm
Well - I voted for summer - but my real preferences are the between seasons. I hate the cold, but the summer humidity is sometimes a bit much. Spring and autumn are just the best times in Sydney!
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 03:50 pm
I agree with margo. I can enjoy summer while on seaside, but I live in continental town on four rivers, so you can imagine humidity during summer. But I still choose summer over winter.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 04:03 pm
summer!
bring on the heat & humidity Mr. Green
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 04:09 pm
I voted for summer. There are so many great things to do like:

Go to the pool
Barbeque
Ride the Harley
Hang out in the park
Go to the drive-in theatre
Drink pink lemonade
Attend outdoor concerts
Go to Ocean City
Moonlit walks with my sweetie
Laying in a big hammock in the shade
Sleep while the air conditioner hums a soothing sound
Eat hot steamed crabs and drink cold beer

0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 05:16 pm
I love winter as long as it is not extremely cold and windy. Spring and Fall are my favorite times of year, one for flowers the other for color.

Sam
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 05:36 pm
I hate winter. Hate hate hate it.

It's already hitting 90 degrees here, but you won't hear me complain. 90's far better than 50.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:41 pm
Eva wrote:
I hate winter. Hate hate hate it.

It's already hitting 90 degrees here, but you won't hear me complain. 90's far better than 50.

LOL Eva....you thing 50 is cold? In Maryland it's not uncommon to have temps in single digits and teens for a week at a time.

We had a high of 92 degrees in MD today. Had my first snowball of the summer this evening. My favorite flavor, banana with marshmallow topping. Yummy! Razz
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:44 pm
haha! It was prolly 50 degrees here today. Maybe colder.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 08:02 pm
I can't vote in this. I don't care for either extreme. Fall is my time of the year, especially here in New England, after the first frost, when the leaves on the trees turn brilliant colors and dazzle the eye. Come to think of it, it's the only time of year around here that's bearable. Winters are too long, Summers too humid and mosquito-infested and there really is no such season as Spring. We seem to go from a very brief "mud season" which connects Winter to Summer right into the horrors of Summer. Trees seem to green out overnight. One day you have bare branches cracking in the breeze, the next morning all is green.

50 degrees? Hey, that's perfect. That's balmy. Last January in Boston I don't think the temp. ever went above 20 degrees F. in any 24-hour period.

(edited once for a typo)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 08:33 pm
doglover wrote:
LOL Eva....you thing 50 is cold? In Maryland it's not uncommon to have temps in single digits and teens for a week at a time.

Oh, believe me, it gets plenty cold here. And with our famous wind chill, temperatures feel like they're below zero.

I just meant that personally, I'd take 90 degree weather over 50 degree weather. I like it warm. 80 degrees is perfect to me. My sister moved from here to Seattle. She hated the heat and the freezing cold. It is WAY too cool up there for me. Even in August, I need a jacket half the day. I'm used to going barefoot in T-shirts & shorts in August. (May thru September, actually.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 08:42 pm
I like summer where I live now, I think it is a nice middle, in the 60's. But back in LA, I didn't love it in the upper nineties. Hard to work in outside, for one thing, at least for me. My cohorts and I would turn nearly purple as we tried to map a large property when it was 95 degrees out.
So, in LA, where I lived most of my life, I preferred winter, which still had a few 90+ days, but not continuously. I voted winter, but that's not a strong vote... subject to quibbling.

Also, in Venice, which is a part of LA by the water, the beach became Ours in winter... much less beach traffic on the weekends; the community came back to us, though we could still have some great weather, between rainstorms.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 08:52 pm
Summer is my time of year. I can tolerate early autumn. But waiting for spring almost kills me.

One of the few delightful things about Texas are the many wildflowers that start blooming in March and continue through June. This state takes their wildflowers seriously, a legacy of Lady Bird Johnson it seems.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 09:17 pm
In Toronto there are only two seasons. Winter and Construction.
0 Replies

Peter S

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 11:14 pm
I love summer. Smile
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 05:48 am
cavfancier wrote:
In Toronto there are only two seasons. Winter and Construction.

When I lived in New Hampshire, we used to say that it was a four season state. You had your early Winter, mid-Winter, late Winter and next Winter. (Love your quote, though, Cav.)
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 06:39 am
Why do I not like summer...

Bugs and snakes.
my face breaks out
I don't like seeing people wearing shorts and tube tops who really have no business wearing such clothes.
I can't seem to cool off, no matter what I do.
Hot cars.
Headaches.
Too many people out in public.
Farmer's tan.

What I love about winter...
Snow is beautiful. I know its yucky in the city, but I don't care about the city.
I can regulate my temperature much easier once I get used to the cold.
No bugs or snakes.
Not many people out in public.
I don't sweat in the winter.
My complexion is great in the winter.
Things seem cozy.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 06:47 am
One of the reasons that I moved south was that I could no longer deal with the cold weather, the snow, and the depressingly grey days. Now I am in a climate where the summer lasts from May until October. So I suppose that I would say that I like the spring and fall best!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » winter or summer?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:39:28