What is the cost of a low-mid range prosthetic nose?

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 02:36 pm
Ever have one of those days where your temper gets the best of you? Where you do something in a fit of rage that, afterwards, you really, really regret? Happened to me this morning. Let me tell you about it.

As most of you already know, me and a bunch of the boys gather every Saturday morning down at the feed mill, just to chew the fat, catch up on the latest gossip, that sort of thing.

We're all standing around outside and I happened to notice a flock of penguins passing overhead. They were extremely high up in the sky, mere black dots, but to a trained eye like mine they were easily identifiable as penguins. I remember as a young child looking to the sky in awe, as the day was turned to night when thousands of these magnificent birds of prey passed over head on their way north, to the great hunting grounds. But I digress...

So, as the penguins passed over I took a sip of my coffee and casually remarked to the boys, "Kinda early for the penguins to be headed south, isn't it?"

Fred, the local barber, started laughing his ass off and said, "You blathering idiot, Ratzenhofer! Penguins don't fly! Those are Canadian geese!" He then threw his head back and started laughing hysterically. Soon the rest of the boys joined in.

You know in the movies when that sort of thing happens and everything turns into slow motion, the heads thrown back, the camera switching from one face to the other? That's what if felt like.

I couldn't take it. I picked up a shovel that was leaning against the wall and drove it into Fred's face. The sharp edge of the shovel sheared Fred's nose off and it bounced near some bags of corn where an inquisitive rat saw it rolling by, grabbed it, and darted into a hole in the wall.

Now everything resumed to normal speed. Fred was unconscious on the ground, great geysers of blood spewing upward from the dark cavity in the middle of his face, people running around shouting, dialing 911, wrapping towels around Fred's head, and screaming at me. "What'd you do that for, Gus?" and "Ratzenhofer, you've really done it this time!"

I felt horrible. Everyones down at the hospital right now. I've been online, searching for prosthetic noses. I figure that's the least I can do for ol' Fred.

So, any ideas where to look for a fairly decent prosthetic nose? I'm willing to spend a couple of hundred bucks. Let me know, and, as always, thanks for your help.

You guys pull me out of one jam after another.

Gus
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,558 • Replies: 15
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 02:41 pm
Gus - yer a damned idiot!

Here's one nice one:

I'm still looking...http://www.hamptonridge.com/images/fishlove/snoz.JPG
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 02:48 pm
What about these?

http://www.costumes.org/classes/uafcostumeshop/images/makeup2002/3d2/Mvc-008f.jpg

http://www.oberlin.edu/news-info/02apr/images/wk35/commedia10.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 03:19 pm
Id put in a cqall through Michael Jacksons publicist. His nose couldnt have been more than a few bucks.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 03:32 pm
farmerman wrote:
Id put in a cqall through Michael Jacksons publicist. His nose couldnt have been more than a few bucks.

Laughing which one???

Gus - you are officially a worry!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 05:44 pm
I called Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon. He's got a few he'd be willing to sell. He's good at removing them, but didn't realize there'd be a secondary market. Give him a call, he's selling 'em cheap.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 05:52 pm
in the meantime, he can borrow these
http://www.wholesale-from-me-2u.com/groucho.jpg
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 08:45 pm
You're missing a big opportunity here. Why would anyone want just a nose, when instead they could have a snout?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 09:03 pm
gus, if you have Canada geese in your neck of the woods, don't bother wasting any money. Their poop is quite moldable, and dries up nicely. I suggest you just make a nose and give it to your friend, before it dries of course. Otherwise it won't adhere to his face.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 09:05 pm
There is added value to a goose-poop nose as well, because the next time you all go drinking, everyone can criticize your friend for being s***-faced.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 09:16 pm
You haven't got a hair on your ass, Gus, unless you go over to the hospital, cut off your own nose and leave it at the front desk for delivery to the poor unfortunate victim of your ire. (Bring some ice to pack it in.)

Get yourself a nice chunk off your sorry butt to replace your snozzolla, that way everything will smell like horse sweat but your appearance will be remarkably improved.

Can't say I blame you for this mess though, I mean, what kind of an idiot can't tell penguins from goddamned Canada Geese? I mean, Jesus, what is he? A Senator from Oklahoma??

Joe
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 11:11 pm
<ROTFLMAO>
(Gus is clearly overqualified.)
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 06:38 am
Joe Nation wrote:
You haven't got a hair on your ass, Gus, unless you go over to the hospital, cut off your own nose
Get yourself a nice chunk off your sorry butt to replace your snozzolla,

Joe, what you suggest will, if I read you correctly, give old Gus a hairy nose.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 06:41 am
So no real change there, is that what you are saying?

Maybe he should use his left big toe?

Nope, still too hairy to make a difference.

Joe
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 06:51 am
Gus, I'm deeply disappointed in you. You cut off poor Fred's nose with a shovel because the guys were laughing at you? Sad & frightening.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:39 pm
I checked a couple of sites, but your location seems to be the problem. Too north for our regular delivery services, apparently. If you REALLY want one you'll have to go through a smaller operator and you're going to end up paying through the n...........

..don't worry about that
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is the cost of a low-mid range prosthetic nose?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 09:46:59