2003 Welcome to New Members!

cobalt

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 12:29 pm
Hiya to All!

Just had to start a fresh, spanking new version of our welcome to new members.

WELCOME, NEW MEMBERS![/b]

Welcome, especially to my friend in Kansas, Jayhawk! Look around and you will find some folks you may remember from abuzz, but others will be a whole new breed from friends we've run around with online before. A2k'ers: watch out for this guy, he's got a great dry sense of humor...

cobalt
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,526 • Replies: 39
No top replies

Jayhawk

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 06:51 pm

Gee. This isn't Kansas anymore.........
Please be patient with me.... us hayseeds sometimes need a little longer to figure out what is where, and how to get there......

Thanks for allowing me in... and I shall assume the role of a mouse for a while.... at least until I can find all the doors....

Nice to see you again Cookie.... Very Happy

Jayhawk.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 06:55 pm
Hi Jayhawk. Glad you could join us!

(Cookie?)

Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 06:56 pm
Howdy, Jayhawk, and welcome! :-D
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 07:02 pm
Hi Jayhawk. Glad to meet you!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 07:07 pm
Welcome, Jayhawk. Pleased to meet you! Very Happy
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 07:11 pm
Hi Cobalt, you know of course that your location has changed??
How are the 'new' digs?? I know you're happy to be closer to family.

Welcome Jayhawk!! My Indian name is Quiet Hawk that my Apache bloodbrother gave me. Welcome!!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 07:15 pm
Have there been any new members yet this year?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 07:20 pm
Yep, we have, um, I think 6 so far. You can check by heading to the member list; the join date is listed for each person.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 07:22 pm
WELCOME JAYHAWK
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 07:23 pm
It's 13 in this time zone, but we've had about 15 hours more!!!
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 12:06 am
nice to see 2003 taking off with new members! Someone asked about the Cookie part - I am known as the Cook on another site where we are voyaging around the world. Durn thing is when some crew member forgets where they put the key to the special cellar in the galley where our quorht is stored! The stilling process must be monitored, you know.

heh heh
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 01:33 am
WELCOME Jayhawk :-D
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 01:39 am
Welcome all new members, here, too.

(Just to remind that the "official-A2K-welcome-thread" [new members receive it with their welcome email] is presented here:

Welcoming new members
0 Replies

Jayhawk

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:56 am
The Gorht thing.

...Ahh yes, the Gorht thing... it was a rare discovery on a trip to lands unseen and unknown...... Sort of like the "nectar of the Gods...." .. or something...

Note* .. It goes especially good with coffee.... !!

This is turning out to be an interesting place.... but alas, I am still lost and wandering...

Thanks for all your kind welcomes...
Searching...

Jayhawk
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 01:04 pm
Jayhawk, I felt lost for a short while, but this site is really well set up. I'm sure you'll get used to it soon.

The links at the top will take you most anywhere you want to go in here. When I log in, I usually start with the top link on the right "View topics you have posted in". The top link on the left - "View topics with posts since your last visit" is also a good one to check.

The Forum Guides and Moderators here are very helpful. If you have a question, PM one of them and they will do all they can to answer your question.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 04:23 pm
Jayhawk
It took me awhile to get use to everything as well, but in a very short time I had it down pat. The best way of figuring out the most comfortable way to get around for you is to just spend a bit of time looking around to see what does what. I tend to took through the new questions in the control panel and then I keep tabs on the questions that I'm involved in which is also in the control panel. If you need any more help just let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Once again, welcome and happy trails :-D
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:12 pm
Once you get used to it, it's much easier than abuzz
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 02:15 am
I agree Wilso! In more ways than one!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 03:59 am
And much faster!!!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » 2003 Welcome to New Members!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 04:25:41