0

So confused w/ Medicare/Medicaid?

Derrell

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 12:34 pm
Okay. I need to nip this in the bud right now.

I have had Medicaid (Molina) for a couple of years now.I received a letter in the mail stating that they were going to enroll me in Medicare because I am getting Social Security. Part A of Medicare (Hospital Insurance) is free and Part B (Medical Insurance) would cost me around $100 a month. So, I decided to go with Part A-- actually, they were going to enroll me in Part A anyways even if I didn’t mail back my response.

I switched my Medicaid from Molina to First Choice last week because Molina wanted to cut me off because they were paying for my Seroquel and the Seroquel costs a lot of money. So, I switched to First Choice and a few days later I checked my enrollment status online at www.scchoices.com and I noticed that my enrollment status said “Disenrolled.”

I called them up and I was told that I was disenrolled because I have Medicare and Medicaid. And Medicaid was a backup to Medicare. I don’t know what to do now. Now that I no longer have Molina or First Choice, who is going to pay for my Metoprolol, Lisinopril, and my Seroquel? Medicare? How would I set that up? Do I have to co-pay for those?