New Year's morning-after feeling ?

littlek

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:18 am
dlk - ask Gezzy, she has a house-trained rabbit!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 04:59 pm
dlk
They sell bunny litter boxes made just for them. Unfortunately, bunnies can't control their poop pellets, but they can be trained to pee in the box by putting in news papers at the bottom and adding some of bunnies poop pellets into the litter box and guiding bunny to the box everytime, he/she pees on the floor. This worked for mine, but it can still spray on the walls occationally, so I put some boards on the walls in the corner that her box is in, so it doesn't damage the walls. My bunny very rarely comes inside anymore, but when she does she always pees in her box and never on the floor.

Good luck to you and bunny :-D
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:57 pm
gezzy,
The problem is the cage the bunny is in has a tray underneath so that the pee and poop goes there, but the rest of the cage stays clean. We put up metal pee guard around the whole cage because when he pee's it does splatter everywhere. He does have a litter box which he seems to think is his special place to sleep in. He even pulls that off the cage and uses it as a play toy. I don't think he cares much at all where he goes poop or pee.
Did you limit the size of the area you allowed your rabbit to play until it got potty trained? My daughter let's her rabbit go anywhere in her room.
I think he has too large an area to be able to make mistakes in. Maybe if he were limited to a small area with the litter box in that area he would understand that that is where he is expected to go outside his cage. If he doesn't, I would think the best thing to do, would be to put him back in his cage after his mistake, then maybe next time he'll understand that if he doesn't go where he's suppose to, his play time get's limited.
What do you think?
I wouldn't have a problem keeping him outside, but we live in Wisconsin and it's too cold this time of year.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 12:40 am
dlowan wrote:
I will happily send recipe!

(Looks anxiously up at sky for omen of doom...)

waiting.....waiting......waiting..........
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 01:16 am
dlk
My bunny is limited to just one room. If a bunny has several rooms to roam in then there needs to be a box in every room. When the bunny pees on the floor he/she needs to be guided to the box. I don't think bunny will put 2 and 2 together if you just put it in the cage. Bunnies can't be punished because they just don't understand. Putting the bunnies poops in the litter box will eventually teach it that it's the place to do its business. Bunnies are actually very clean and like their areas clean which is probably why it's sleeping in the box in the cage. I tried the box in the cage as well and it didn't work for the same reasons. My bunny was just a baby when I taught her, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. Also, what ever area you decide to let bunny roam in, make sure there are no cords plugged in that he can get too. Rabbits chew on absolutely everything including rugs which will kill them in time because they have delicate digestive systems and they can't process most things except for what they are suppose to eat. Keep me posted and let me know how things are coming along. LOL on it being too cold for bunny in wisconsin. I live in Canada and even on the coldest nights, my bunny Foo Foo doesn't want to come in. As long as they have shelter from the elements, they adapt very well to the cold weather. My bunny goes under the back stairs which is all covered. I throw a bail of hay under there and she's very content being outside.I also make sure she has plenty of food and water. She has her own 15 by 20 ft fenced in area, lol.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 01:19 am
Bunny house training - what will we think of next!
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 01:22 am
i bet she has a goose down comforter under the porch for the wabbit besides the bale of hay.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 01:52 am
where's my broccoli soup recipe!!!!!!!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 01:57 am
LOL Mikey. I would if she didn't chew it apart ;-)

dlowan
You never heard of a house trained bunny? Well, neither did I until I got my first bunny ;-)

Pueo
I'll have to find a recipe for you sweetie ;-)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 02:01 am
OK Pueo - you want it right out here in public? Or in private.....

It IS a good recipe...
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 02:05 am
where ever you want to Shocked
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 02:06 am
you know, i think i've posted more here than i ever did on afuzz. Confused
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 02:17 am
Same here Pueo. This place is awsome :-D
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 02:20 am
Me too.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 02:33 am
Awwwwww - I am so glad you guys love the place - cos I love all of .....well, GROUP HUG, everyone!!!!

soooo - blushes - Broccoli Soup

Preparation time - 10 mins
Cooking - 20 mins

Ingredients for 8

2 Bunches Broccoli - washed thoroughly.
6 cups chicken stock
One quarter of a cup of cream
1 tbsp butter
Salt and freshly ground pepper.

Utensils

Large saucepan
Food processor, metal blade.

Bring the chicken stock to the boil.
Wash the broccoli, and cut off the thick stalks. Add the broccoli to the stock and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
Blend the broccoli with the stock in the food processor.
Before serving, return the soup to the boil, season with salt and pepper and stir in the cream. Remove from the heat, incorporate the butter, and serve.

deb's tip from experience - do not let the soup sit long before serving - the broccoli can go very bitter.

Simple - but yummmmmmmmmmmmm!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 02:42 am
thanks, i'll try it tomorrow. sounds great. have to do without the food processor though, nada on the power. will mince instead.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 03:25 am
Oh dlowan, (((HUGE GROUP HUG))) :-D

Great recipe, thanks ;-)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 09:47 am
Actually, my intension when cretaing this thread was : don't drink too much.
Getting a broccoli soup recipe isn't bad either.
(Some crème fraîche added - that's what I do.)
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 12:27 pm
New Year's morning-after feeling ?
Rang in the New Year at my little neighborhood bar. Nice dinner (ribs) which required two men to carry. When deposited I told waitress that's not ribs, that's a cow. A little sad too as my pal Sean who got me to start singing karaoke a year ago put in his last appearance for awhile. The bar sops karaoke in winter until warmer weathe produces more customers.
I sang a lot as some of the regular singers were not present. Drank quite a bit. Kissed many women at the magical hour but took none home. Sad, but true. Sean needed a ride home so I arrived at home about 2:30 AM. Awoke next morning at 6:30 AM and after showering went out to have breakfast. I've never had a hangover so cannot give you any tales of woe. Felt great. Have a great year everyone.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 06:38:56