Do you read response before posting on a topic?

Relative

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 06:45 am
Quote:
I see questions that interest me. I don't want anyone influencing my thoughts, so I never read first. I might repeat. I might sound like a moron who doesn't keep up with the program, which I don't. I answer the topic, with my thoughts only.

Bravo! I do exqactly the same sometimes. Besides that, it's good to bring threads back on-topic.

Quote:
Should I be reading? Am I making myself look more like a moron than what I already am? I don't like the idea of anyone's opinon influencing my own thoughts.

Nonsense. Reading does just that - it influences your thoughts, and we don't want that, do we, Smeagol??

Quote:
Am I really off base with this? Replies stack up so fast!! I don't have the patience to read through them all, when I am only interested in the post topic is all.

How do you do this in real-life conversations that take place in persona? Well here's the answer!

Quote:
Help!!

Was this of any help? I doubt it, but the system we live in is self-corrective and all influence is supposed to be good in the end. If it comes through. In theory.

(if you don't read the threads, you're not gonna read this either, and asking for help like this should be ironic)

Relative
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 06:49 am
The usual thing :
Quote:
I don't want to repeat what someone else has said

I try to avoid this during sex, and elections.

Relative
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:31 am
On the color business, Drom, a bit of playful color once in a while is fine with me, and your choice in your post above would never bother me in any case. I am having a little trouble getting myself to read a poster's thoughts who has chosen bright red for all her posts - I just plain don't feel like reading that - a similar reaction to the aversion I feel to people's posts that are always in bold type. These of course are my personal reactions and not really a complaint about the posters. These choices that startle my eyes take away from whatever the message is - to me.

On the other hand, I like our all having the freedom to post these ways here, like the wide choice of style in making posts.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:39 am
Relative wrote:

Quote:
Am I really off base with this? Replies stack up so fast!! I don't have the patience to read through them all, when I am only interested in the post topic is all.

How do you do this in real-life conversations that take place in persona?

I think Relative's really got this. In real life, most people continue with the conversation where it is now, not where it was an hour or three weeks ago. I know I'd find it odd if someone said, "well, you were talking about x before, so here's my opinion on x, i don't care if you've moved onto y". They'd get the same reaction from me IRL, that posters do here - I ignore 'em.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 11:16 am
People seem to differ re comfort about digression, and some have a standard, I'd call it, that you don't digress on a serious topic. I find that this flows from people having differences in thinking patterns..
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 07:22:23