question about power cord

bstrue

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 08:45 pm
I moved and lost the cord to the pump on a sleep number bed. It is a SPLUG-236, and is rated at 120V 2 amps. I have another cord that is similar(has a funny end that would fit if I sanded the corners off). It came from a cassette/ cd/radio and is rated 125V 7amps. Would it be possible to use this cord, or would I do damage to the pump? I'd like to get my bed set up again asap, and would rather not wait 3-4 days to get a new one in the mail(not to mention dropping 26 bucks if I could use this other cord). Anyone know the answer to this question? Many thanks!
PS/the missing one doesn't have a little box/transformer on it, It just looks like the type of cord that plugs into your basic radio.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,643 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:26 pm
@bstrue,
I believe that this is not just a matter of the cord. From what you've indicated, that transformer is a step-down transformer and the voltage it reduces down to is vital for the proper operation.

If you're to only replace the plug, you're not going to provide the proper voltage for the pump. I'd recommend waiting however long it takes and order the cord complete with step-down transformer or else you can risk burning out the pump for the bed.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 08:55 am
@bstrue,
Quote:
PS/the missing one doesn't have a little box/transformer on it, It just looks like the type of cord that plugs into your basic radio.

Sorry, I totally misread your comment. If the original power cord doesn't have an adapter or step-down transformer, then you can use a regular 120 VAC power cord that fits the female end from the bed and is terminated by a regular plug that fits into your power outlet.

There's no need to sand the ends of the power cord's prongs off. Just go to a hardware store and buy the appropriate adapter to allow it to plug in to power outlet.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » question about power cord
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 01:08:12