Where oh where are my wax beans?

jackwells

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 04:32 pm
You can get them from Amazon, believe it or not, but only in a box of 12 14.5-ounce cans. I also use cut wax beans in my bean salad recipe, but 12 cans is more than I want. Anybody want to split a box?
farmerman

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 04:01 am
@jackwells,
just planted my first crop of yellow beans. We eat these fresh nd also freeze em for winter use. (Yella beans are the one crop that keeps well frozen)

Ill plant a new crpe every month through August so we have more beans that we need and share em with neighbors.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 08:14 am
@farmerman,
Never ate fresh yeller beans...but fresh string beans just picked and barely cooked are probably the finest veggie ever invented.

I loves 'em!
farmerman

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 08:21 am
@Frank Apisa,
the yellow beans are like the string beans except they (at least to us) have a richer flavor, almost buttery
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 08:24 am
@farmerman,
I gotta try 'em.

My sister has been asking me to try yeller peppers...but I really like green and red ones. I've never even tried them...and gotta do that also.

Not sure why I shy away from the yellow stuff...but I have to get over it...and now would be a good time.
0 Replies

litlehands

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 05:14 pm
@Butrflynet,
can u buy these at your house? I.m in California. you' d think I could buy or grow anything, and I have, but my condo association took away my vegetable garden last summer. I haven't been able to find the beens easily for 5 years, but I bought out the shelf at Christmas and hand them out one at a time to my mom and aunts when they make four bean salad, but I'm down to two left and still can't find anymore. S&W r the best, but I'd take anything. 3 bean salad just isn't the same
ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2016 05:36 pm
@litlehands,
Hi, littlehands. I'm from california although I don't live there now (New Mexico). I miss it a lot.

I'm a retired landscape architect (woo hoo), but that means I'm interested in what is going on with your condo association. I've had run ins with very odd condo associations. The first time I even heard of condo associations was when my beginning boss took me to see his aviary, which I can still picture, so great. As we walked to his front door, he mentioned he couldn't have a terra pot in his front yard, because of the homeowners association. I was stunned. He was eminent in the field at the time, if on the poor sides of things.

I suppose some of those home associations aren't horrible..

Where to find more beans, I don't know. Is there a good nursery year you? Can you call them?

If you have the ommph, I'd consider not being ruled by this particular homeowners group but getting involved
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 01:27:20