on/off relationship

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 02:15 pm
My partner and I have been together for five years. In the five years we've been together we have broken up several times, (and I have moved out) this is the third time.
Every time we do I stay quiet about it, I don't tell anyone that we have called time on our relationship (I always figure I will tell them when I was ready). But he is always the one to tell Everybody including his family and mine that we have broken up. I have moved out from our new apartment for the last 3 months but I still go over every week to help with his kids(he is a single dad) and buy groceries and stuff for them. Yet every two weeks or so I meet somebody else who says "I am so sorry that you and him aren't together anymore"
I would like to know what I should do. He always expects me to meet him out in public with the same people he told that we aren't together. I don't even want to be seen with him in public, because I am embarassed about what his friends must think of me.
I discreetly go to his house spend only once every two weeks over at his house and say nothing about our relationship to anyone, not even family. I love him very much and always hope for the best, but really I don't know.
What should I do? Are we or aren't we together? Is he not embarassed to embrace me and want to kiss me in public in front of the same friends he has told we aren't together anymore? Should I move on? Or should we try to work it out privately?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 608 • Replies: 15
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 02:18 pm
Stop being a doormat. Why would you have hide, anyways?
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 02:50 pm
@jadeamber,
How many times in how many ways does he need to show you that he's not that in to you before you believe it and move on with your life?

Don't you deserve someone who will treat you well and give back to you all the love and respect you give to him?

Stop torturing yourself by returning to a relationship where he has made it quite clear will go no further than an occasional day care assistant for his kids.

Ragman

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 03:00 pm
@jadeamber,
Why is he using you like that (taking care of his kids) and then advertising to all who'll listen about the breakup. That is ...to say the least...not sensitive to you at all.

If you two could have worked out by now, you would have done so. This is broken and can't be fixed.

This is bizarre behavior and you're cooperating for some reason. Try caring less what you think others might be thinking of you. Ultimately you have no idea what they're thinking and it doesn't matter. They aren't you and don't have your best interests at heart. Only you do.

My (free advice): Move on. You're being kept (albeit by your own cooperation) from possibly finding someone who really can give you a committed future. He's taking advantage of you and using his children as pawns.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 03:02 pm
@Ragman,
Thanks Ragman. I think I'll leave him and stay away! Thank you so much for your thoughtful advice - hey ..... wait a minute? What the hell........
Ragman

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 03:06 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
as you might have seen by now, I edited and switched the post to direct the comments to the OP. But if the advice fits, go for it!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 03:13 pm
@Ragman,
Damn it! Nobody but you and I and the screen capture I have recorded know the truth. So ....... how much is it worth to you, eh, bucko?

All I have to do is back click until I get to your post!
Ragman

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 03:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I have been bagged!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 03:37 pm
@Ragman,
Better luck next time!
0 Replies

jadeamber

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 04:00 pm
@Butrflynet,
I see your point
0 Replies

jadeamber

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 04:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Thanks.
0 Replies

jadeamber

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 04:11 pm
@Ragman,
Thank you... Will do my best to break free from him. Five years is such a long time to be in a relationship with someone and then walk out and start over. Maybe I am being mellow dramatic... but I see your point loud and clear.
0 Replies

axpert

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 11:13 pm
@jadeamber,
I think its nice that you go over there and check on the kids. Every relationship has its ups and down. It has come to my understanding once you do the break up and getting back together thing but so many times that the relationship is doom for failure. I cant put a exact # on how many times but i would say you at the point where getting back together is a iffy thing. You are at that threshold right now in my opinion. I know its not saying much here but take it for what is worth.
jadeamber

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 08:22 am
@axpert,
Thanks
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 09:52 am
@axpert,
Ups and downs, eh? So does she file escalating mental abuse under "ups" or "downs"?
0 Replies

SteveJackson

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 09:40 pm
@jadeamber,
The best thing to do is to love yourself first. Live an extraordinary life on your own. Try to distance yourself from him for a while, for him to realize what he has lost. Being alone or single has a lot of advantages. You'll see in the end that loving yourself first is the best decision that you'll ever make.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » on/off relationship
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 05:30:38