Respect around here.

SCoates

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:24 pm
Every since Pess guessed my age, I've noticed I just don't get any respect around here.

I used to be allowed to gaurd the door to the A2K broomcloset, but now Kicky says there's no need for a gaurd.

Eva and I used to meet for e-tea to discuss politics and enjoy one another's wit. Now she treats me like a son, telling me to keep my e-elbows off the e-table, and not letting me have to many e-crumpets before dinner.

Gus used to try to kill me, but now I guess I'm not worth his time.

I suppose before I started asking everyone's age I just assumed everyone was young. And that I was somewhat immature by comparison. But now I realize that I am so much younger than everyone else, that I am ALLOWED a certain level of immaturity, by the same contrast through which I had originally condemned myself. From now on I see no need to use spell-checker, or do whatever Kicky tells me. And by gum I don't HAVE to be as mature as Gus. Honestly the strain of trying to maintain his level of poise and dignity is not yet possible. Perhaps I shall be so composed when I too am eighty. But not yet.

From now on I shall be looked upon as everyone's affectionate younger brother (at least... in some cases son, or grandson... maybe cousin).

Oh, I'm sorry, did anyone actually take the time to read all of this? I should have made it more entertaining. All apologies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,021 • Replies: 47
No top replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:29 pm
Yes and I still do not know how old you are.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:33 pm
Yeah - I don't know if I am to be your big sister, mummy, or grandma!!!!!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:38 pm
For some reason I can't explain, your comment brought up images of mummified rabbits.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 04:51 pm
Is that like a jugged hare?
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 05:01 pm
SCoates,

I don't care how old you are. Years mean nothing, well maybe a survival score card. When it comes to maturity, the ability to think and reason, a sense of humor, years don't mean a thing. (especially if one has not learned anything)
Be you and be patient. We all start out all corners and rough bits; some end up polished by life others are shattered, most end up somewhere in between.
I'll read your posts and respond, so will Wiyaka, providing we see them. We may be involved in other threads.

Note: You have been a member longer than I have. Very Happy

LOL Smile

Sam
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 05:08 pm
ya know, buddy, this is like a big ole e-fam'ly where ev'rybody tells you where your durty e-laundry is, or that you have such e-laundry, or had, but the bad thing about this, my e-bro' SCoates, is that we're not related, so you canNOT, at any circumstances, tell anyone to go and perform unnatural acts on them selves. The way you would in any normal family anyway...
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 05:13 pm
Hmm? You seem to have gotten the impression there were negative implications in my initial post. Quite the contrary. I HATED guarding that broom closet (it was too noisy to read), I ENJOY being mothered by Eva (you should try her peanut butter cookies), and I SHOULD be seen as Gus' inferior (it's only his right).

On some secondary notes, I hate respect, since I see it as a burden in the same sense as 'sponsibility (something my wife encourages I learn about, since our daughter was born). And I LOVE immaturity (if you've missed my former posts, not the ignorant kind, but the deliberate and calculated kind). Also, I HATE spellchecker. Waste of my time. Just check all the mistakes in that first post. Those scars are badges of honor. I treat them as any soldier treats real battle scars. I went head to head against gammar and puncuation, and I got scraped up a bit, but dagnabit, I won.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 05:18 pm
SCoates,

Embarrassed Surprised Embarrassed Laughing

Yikes! Did I goof! Have a ball, you only get to be young when ever you want to. :wink:

Sam
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:02 pm
I never said you can't guard the A2K broom closet until I caught you masturbating in there! And when questioned, I distinctly remember you saying, "I'm young! I'm young! I can't help myself!"

It isn't your age, it's your behavior, ya snot-nosed kid.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:05 pm
I din't know we could talk to each other like in a "normal" fam'ly here!!!

Let's get ready to rumble!!!!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:06 pm
I was MEDITATING. Lok what you accidentally wrote by mistake. That must be emarrassing, you should proofread more carefully. And you seem to have misheard me. I can see why "Yin yang" could sound a little like "i'm young" coming through my japanese accent. Also since you were as drunk as a box turtle.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:11 pm
SCoates wrote:
Hmm? You seem to have gotten the impression there of honor. I treat them as any soldier treats real battle scars.

I remember where each of my battle scars came from, son. However, I can only say, "I survived another day." nothing more.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:12 pm
Ok, I'm outta here... I wanna be as drunk as a box turtle, nevvvvver been that drunk. Been drunk enough to kiss my wife good night more than once in the same instant, and that was painful the next morning.

How much does it take to be drunk as a box turtle, my big bro?
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:16 pm
SCoates!!

You want to talk Ying and Yang, Sam and I are the ones you need to discuss this with. Somehow, I think, we just might understand it better than a few folks around.

By the way, how about your use of SpellCheck?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:21 pm
mature as gus? you listened to what kicky told you? oh man, you must be going through a growing phase...
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:31 pm
I'm no hypocrit. I've said more than once in this very thread I have renounces grammer. I even purposefully wrote "there" instead of "they're" doesn't that just ruffle your bloomers?
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:41 pm
SCoates,

Ruffled bloomers, are you trying to turn Wiyaka's head? If you offer her ruffled bloomers she'll be all over you. Take care.

Sam
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:43 pm
You stay out of my "Delicates" drawer! Evil or Very Mad You can borrow what you like...if you ask nicely and return them laundered, folded and scented with jasmine! Cool Otherwise you stay out of there and away from my room!!!
Tsk tsk!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:43 pm
Oh, man, don't get your pantaloons all ruffled up over nothing.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Respect around here.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:20:10