Welcome Back!

SCoates

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 03:19 pm
As many of you know, I have been absent as of late, due to an overwhelming and indeed lifealtering addiction. Only those of you who have been the victims (as I truly see us) of substance abuse can understand how desperate and impossible a situation it truly is to find oneself in. There is seemingly no escape. Perhaps I'm not entirely justified in referring to Pokemon as "substance." I suppose it would be more proper to say "e-substance abuse." I have had my wife hide my gameboy, and I am attempting to quit cold turkey. It is tragic how this all began. The enslaving shackles of habit were too small to be sensed until they were too strong to be broken. My wife feels it is unfair that I have asked her to keep the gameboy from me, since I will undoubtedly become irrational and angry, and that will be directed at her. But I need all the help I can get. I've only been "clean" for two days, and I already miss Pikachu, and Jigglypuff, and all the others.
I ask for everyone's support, and thank you in advance for your prayers. It is difficult, once something takes hold of your entire life, to turn your back on it completely.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 545 • Replies: 6
No top replies

husker

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 03:25 pm
Least you don't have a www addiction like me. Wink
welcome back
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 03:37 pm
Welcome back SCoates :-D

Hang in there buddy. I know you can get through this.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 03:59 pm
husker wrote:
Least you don't have a www addiction like me. Wink

I believe I'm an internet addict myself husker. It feels sooooo good. Mr. Green
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 07:41 am
Thanks for welcoming me back, SCoates! I was/had a short bit of non-virtual cyber life, which showed me that what's out there can't be trusted, nor enjoyed, and I promise all of ya... my abscense from a2k won't be as long the next time!

Although there was some things that I enjoyed doing non-virtually, like reading, duh!, that I can do here too, right?

In short, glad to be back!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 03:20 pm
And we're glad to be you... back.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 03:24 pm
*Sigh*

There's not room enough in this relationship for the three of us. It's either Pikachu, or me.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Welcome Back!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:11:11