Ideas for a board game/app character/mascot

Anon203

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 11:58 am
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had an idea that I could use for a character/mascot(like the monopoly guy) for a game that involves getting 6 pieces in a row on a board of numbers. Any ideas are welcome, though the character needs to be human and appeal to all ages(8+)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,811 • Replies: 9
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 12:03 pm
@Anon203,
So you're inventing a game and you're looking for an idea for a representative figure for a logo?
Anon203

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 12:08 pm
@jespah,
More like I'm a graphics designer for someone who has already made the game, and yeah it basically should be a character that should represent the game. Here are the rules: Each player rolls one die. The player with the lowest number goes first.

Rules of the game The starting player rolls their dice. Both dice numbers combined are the starting players board number. For example, if the players dice add up to 6, that player would cover any one of the number squares on the board having a 6 on it with one of their game pieces. A player must choose an open board number of that suite until all three numbers in that suite are taken. Once all three numbers in any suite are owned by both players, the player rolling that number can then take over any one of those spots owned by the opponent.

When a player owns all three numbers in any suite and rolls that number, there is no open spot to choose from so that players turn is over. If a player rolls doubles, the player executes their turn and rolls again, and again as long as doubles are rolled consecutively.

Free Spots On a players turn they may choose to place one of their game pieces on a “Free” spot without rolling the dice. If a player wants to take over a “Free” spot owned by an opponent, they may institute a “Challenge for a Free spot”.

Challenging For A Free Spot Both players roll one die. The player with the lowest number rolled wins the challenge. If the challenger wins the dice roll they take over that “Free” spot. If the challenger loses they forfeit their turn but may challenge again on their next turn. If the challenger owns another “Free” spot and loses, the opponent takes over one of the challengers “Free” spots and continues on with it now being their turn.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 02:10 pm
@Anon203,
Since your game is so centered around spots and the word spot, why not use a spotted animal in the logo? There are plenty to choose from.

http://ashleynikole.hubpages.com/hub/Spotted-Animals
chai2

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 02:15 pm
@Butrflynet,
He wants a human.

How about this....

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9XG3R_hedxA6Wrvin44yqPemiFYDw6vpRNFSsXfcHpljhqOLHuA
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 02:28 pm
Some humanoid ideas...

You could do a sponge Bob type character using a dice cube.

http://www.family-vacation-getaways-at-los-angeles-theme-parks.com/images/HollywoodBlvdSpongeBob.gif

Any character wearing a sweater showing the winning pattern of spots.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/06/article-2289094-187A39F0000005DC-477_634x640.jpg

Anon203

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 02:52 pm
@Butrflynet,
I think you guys have misunderstood the "spots" Edit:Moderator(link removed)the "spots" are square pieces I need "Something that characterizes the game and its dynamics that would appeal to all age groups."
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 03:04 pm
@Anon203,
Okay, describe in one or two sentences what the character and dynamics are of the game. The page of rules doesnt give us that.
Anon203

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 03:45 pm
@Butrflynet,
Didn't notice it didn't include in the rules, but the goal of the game is to get 6 in a row across the board
chai2

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 04:40 pm
@Anon203,
Ask Nikki Sixx if he'll be your mascot.
0 Replies