BIG 260UK, Demon

margsy

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 04:40 am
l am in need of some help please before my brain dies from over use, a few clues l have are
76a Nourishment (A??U??T)
88d Foolish (A????)
100a Yoke (???K)
109a Cosmetic oil (S??A)butter
80a them setting (oration) (K?I?M?I)
l do have a few ideas but would like some help, and of course some of the letters could be wrong leading to other answers also being wrong. Thanks in advance, ttfn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 575 • Replies: 6
No top replies

cherrie

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 05:08 am
@margsy,
ALIMENT
APISH
HICK - clue is 'yokel'
SHEA
KEYNOTE
margsy

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 04:10 am
@cherrie,
Thank you cherrie, as l thought some of my other answers are not correct, but with regard to 100a there was a printing error on the page and it looked like a ! not a l, but once again thank you very much. ttfn
0 Replies

James34

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 11:00 am
@margsy,
Hi margsy
Nice to see you back, checked my copy looks OK, but have had same problem reading clues, maybe new glasses Smile
Will do this tomorrow. What do you think of the new fresh look?
Cherrie as ever is coming up trumps
James
margsy

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 03:59 am
@James34,
Hello James34, have not needed to come onto the forum, brain seems to have been working right just recently, now it is slowing down again, hahaha. Not sure what you mean by the new look. Yes cherrie is a great replacement for our good great sadly missed Dutchy. Still got a couple of grids to complete on this issue of BIG, got my new crossword collection, so for a change l have had a go at this and have completed one or two of the new grids. Hows your weather up there, l was hoping to go to town today but because of the storms last night and it is still raining, we thought it a bit silly to go out with my wheelchair.
James34

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 04:51 am
@margsy,
Hi margsy
Are you wheel chair bound. My wife has MS.
Weather, sun and rain.
I am an octogenarian the brain works,, then forgets and kicks back into gear
Another day.
Good to be alive
Jim
margsy

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 04:29 am
@James34,
Hope your wife is well today, l knew a lady back in Hainault where l used to live, she was very young and used to take her kids to school and give the dog a run as well whilst she rode her scooter, here where l now live is an almost double for that lady, it is good to see her being so independent. lts is good to be alive and fairly well although not able to walk without help, legs packed up some years ago because of the job l used to do. Hows your weather, we have alternating weather every day. Talking of age, on my daughters web site for FB she has a wonderful photo of a gentleman who is 105yr old, he was the british chap who got a lot of kids out from under the nazi noses to bring them to britain to have a better life. Good to see.
0 Replies