Iraqi Obssession?

mamajuana

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 11:14 pm
roger - that Warren Christopher article was an op-ed in the New York Times, and has been referred to now by a number of commentators. Every Sec'y of State has his/her own ways of doing things, and, to my mind, most of them have been pretty good.

Powell is just so necessary to this administration. He is the only one who sounds open to discussion and reason, even though he hews to the party line. Good to know about source referencing - I'm not always so good at that.

Joan - so you made it! Just keep playing around with it. It's a grand bunch of people here.
0 Replies

Redheat

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 02:08 pm
Iraq seems to be an obsession with Cheney and Rumsfeld. It's not really an obession but more of an agenda. Cheney wants the power in controlling their oil and being in the midst of the ME. The media for some unknown reason failed to report in depth anything about the documents found that showed the agenda of this administration.

Now Bush has even gone so far as to try and claim that Iraq is going to attack us! If this doesn't tell you how unhinged these people are nothing will.

While I would agree that Saddam is a bad man and at some point in the future he could possbily become a threat the reality is that it is not now. There are far greater threats facing us and yet this administration uses Iraq to push through their agenda, take the focus off domestic issues and as a weapon to paint their opponents as "traitors"

I want to know why pages were ripped out of the report by Saddam. I want to SEE the proof Bush claims to have on their weapons, or at the very least I want him to provide it to the world leaders. I don't think there is one good reason at this point to risk or spill an ounce of American blood on Iraqi soil.

In this administrations zeal to get their hands on oil they have neglected other foreign policiy issues which is casuing major problems. Bush came into his term insulting and alienating N. Korea and Iran, and now instead of the building of alliances which were happening we are almost at war with them. We still have Bin Laden alive and re-grouped which will lead to a certain attack and the poorer countries just keep getting poorer which will allow for the extremist to gain support.

This adminstration is USING war to further their own agenda and they could care less about the lives that will be lost because of it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 04:22 pm
Well, all y'all have roasted the Shrub and the Cheney administration pretty damned well so far, i really have nothin' to add on the subject . . . could i just throw a couple more logs on the fire?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 04:29 pm
Maybe it's just the desire for power and control and well there are lots and lots of defense contractors in Texas, maybe it isn't even the oil could be let just get those dollars flowing through the Lone Star State?
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 12:05 am
Such cynicism, Joanne! And, Setanta, can't be too many logs thrown in my opinion (and it's snowing again, here - I just looked out the window).

I think saving face enters into this, too. They can't back down with any grace, now. I just have such a bad feeling about it all.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 08:53 am
Attention all:

Debate guidelines for the Politics Forum have now been put in place. Please read and abide by them.

http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2594
0 Replies