Any Dr. House's out there?

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 11:13 pm
I was playing this medical diagnosis game and I'm stuck on these questions! Can anyone help me figure out what the answer to them might be?

1) A 44 year old woman says that she sweats excessively, has to get her hats replaced because her old ones are now too small, and says that her face and hands seem bigger than before. What might be wrong with her?

2) A 34 year old woman has been feeling anxious and suffering from insomnia for the last few weeks. She also says that she also has diarrhoea the last 10 days, shortness of breath, and some chest pain. In the last few hours, her heart has been racing. What might she have?

3) A 48 year old man mentions that his bowel movements have become infrequent and that it sometimes seems looser. He also once noticed bright red blood on his toilet paper. What could be wrong?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 514 • Replies: 3
No top replies

darthtig

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 12:49 pm
1) sweats excessively... I'm think hyperthyroidism?
large hands... possible right sided heart failure, that COULD be edema.
The head... does she have a headache.
I would like more info on this patient, like a case study. We need history, present complaint, and vital signs.
0 Replies

darthtig

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 02:09 pm
2) A 34 year old woman has been feeling anxious and suffering from insomnia for the last few weeks. She also says that she also has diarrhoea the last 10 days, shortness of breath, and some chest pain. In the last few hours, her heart has been racing. What might she have?

This woman could be suffering from insomnia because of shortness of breath. When she lays down, it gets really hard to breath so she has to sit up and lean forward to use gravity for lung expansion.
Diarrhea could be from malabsorption in the intestine. Water could be just passing through her system.
She could have a C.difficile issue. CDAD is a superinfection that could come from taking antibiotics.

Does this woman smoke? Does she have general anxiety disorder? Panic attack?
More info is needed to accurately confirm her priority diagnosis.
0 Replies

darthtig

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 02:11 pm
@monisha3107,

3) A 48 year old man mentions that his bowel movements have become infrequent and that it sometimes seems looser. He also once noticed bright red blood on his toilet paper. What could be wrong?

infrequent bowel movements-> constipation?
Could he be depressed?
What does "looser" mean?

Could have a hernia, or a superficial wound/infection around his anal area which could cause the bright red blood problem.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Any Dr. House's out there?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 07:33:00