Apply for unemployment under these circumstances?

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 01:35 pm
I was fired from my job of 6months at the end of feb. I worked there over full time and was eligible to apply for ui compensation. I was denied for the termination reason which was I fell asleep during my break on my overnight shift.
I went to work for my employer prior to that job which is mostly a seasonal summer gig- fireworks company. They only needed me for work for two weeks. Now I'm back to being unemployed again. They wont have full time work until the end of May. I dont know if I can/should apply for unemployment again? I just dont want it to create any negative effects with this company because I like working for them and look forward to working with them again in May.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 464 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 04:38 pm
@fattdonuts,
Unemployment rules differ from state to state (I assume you're in the US), so that makes it hard to give a definitive answer. However, you've got nothing to lose by contacting Unemployment and telling them that you're a seasonal employee who is temporarily laid off and see what they say.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Apply for unemployment under these circumstances?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 11:11:38