view count on my video was reset to zero after spelling edits

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 08:40 am
I manage a page and i rely on the view counts and so forth for marketing insights. Tonight's one is the most devastating for me because in two previous similar 3examples i will outline, once that counter goes to zero i no longer trust the counter from then on.

tonight:

I edited a spelling mistake in the title and lost the views. I know that facebook reset the counter because of that but i dont think its fair, but because of the next two points i no longer trust boosting the post because i know the counter on that video will not give me anywhere near the real numbers.

2.) previously last week i had a video i could only upload on my pages app on my iphone.. on two separate locations (one a mac and one a pc at different suburbs and connections) i was unable to upload the videos.. but the iphone app it uploaded quickly. but i was not able to title it before it got posted like i see on the desktop facebook platform.

within seconds of the upload on the app i went to the desktop platform and put in the title before anybody could see it and its only had 17 views ever since it was posted and each post i make on the page rarely gets less than 200. i know my post numbers not for ego but for marketing info- it was a popular video and our readers loved it. Therefore Its never gone over 17 views since the first 24 hours.

3.) one time i boosted a promotional offer and paid $66 and the insights claimed that 3000 views were organic and only 59 were paid views.

4.) i have found in boosting a post that if i put one city before another i get 0 "anticipated views" but if i swap them around i get 20,000. if i take out a city i could get 50,000.

but really this is about tonight's loss of the view count. im pretty upset about this - not for view count ego but for good targeted analysis and i knew the video was going to do well.. and i just don't trust it now. it had 400 views in 2 hours and the moment i chnaged it it hasnt moved from 1 for about 1 hour.. i dont trust it and im pretty upset about this.

any info on this. i know the only solution is "spell better" but it still doesn't feel fair and it feels like its buggy all the same.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,440 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 09:57 am
@magellansrs2014,
Are you talking about uploading to YouTube? Vimeo? Facebook? A blog? Something else?
magellansrs2014

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 11:21 am
@jespah,
this is facebook i am uploading the videos too
jespah

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 11:59 am
@magellansrs2014,
Huh. FB can be a pain for editing. Is it for a page, a group, a wall?

I ask because I manage groups and often the post editing options are better if you are posting in the group as the group owner (e. g. it's the Widget World group and you're posting as Widget World instead of magellansrs2014). But even then it doesn't necessarily provide all editing options, I have found.
magellansrs2014

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 02:13 pm
@jespah,
Its a page.. a business.. and im a manager of it along with my boss.

its still sitting there at "1 person viewed this" and that view count most likely wont ever change. I think im going to be having to look for further resources such as others that have this issue.

Ill never pay a cent for the video to be boosted because the insights will only show 1 view it just feels like a completely wasted marketing insight opportunity. I could delete the post and repost but ill loose the initial comments and likes.

I think its only ever happened with videos but ill have to have a good search around and see what i can find about it.
0 Replies