Complications After Spaying?

Sun 30 Mar, 2014 11:45 pm
My eight month old lab/hound puppy was spayed almost two months ago. Her sutures healed up without a problem, and she's been happy and healthy since her surgery.
Today, I noticed a lump on her skin, where the stitches had been. It is a marble-sized white bump, surrounded by red, puffy skin. The part of the scar directly beside it is dark red. As of today, she is lethargic, and has diarrhea; however, I am not sure if this is relevant, as both of my dogs are showing these irregularities (assumed to be from a long car trip over mountains, and an unexpected diet change).
I will be taking her to the vet first thing tomorrow morning, but I am looking for quick advice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 656 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Mon 31 Mar, 2014 06:36 am
@jadsiasun96,
If both dogs are showing it, and you just had to change foods, maybe it's a reaction to the food. Good on ya for taking them in.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 31 Mar, 2014 06:47 am
Quote:
It is a marble-sized white bump, surrounded by red, puffy skin.

Sounds like an infection. DEFINITELY SEE A VET ON MONDAY. (Hope you're already there).
0 Replies

dogsdating

Tue 1 Apr, 2014 02:00 am
@jadsiasun96,
Could be tumor however a vet would be able to tell better ... let us know about their health.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Complications After Spaying?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:11:02