AW JEEZE, MOM . . .

Setanta

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 03:12 am
Beginning quite some years ago, parents began not just photographing their children, but video-taping them, as well. Cell phone cameras and video recording have made that easier. So i wonder how those children react when they've reached adulthood. Has anhyone run into discussions by now adult people who were video-taped as children? Does anyone have a sense of their reactions? I'm thinking that they might be seriously annoyed (my sister never developed a sense of humor about the simple B&W photo of her lying naked in a baby carriage, belly-down, of course). Then again, maybe they think of themselves as having been rock stars in their youth. I'd be interested in any reports others here could make.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 374 • Replies: 8
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 03:35 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Beginning quite some years ago, parents began not just photographing their children, but video-taping them, as well. Cell phone cameras and video recording have made that easier. So i wonder how those children react when they've reached adulthood. Has anhyone run into discussions by now adult people who were video-taped as children? Does anyone have a sense of their reactions? I'm thinking that they might be seriously annoyed (my sister never developed a sense of humor about the simple B&W photo of her lying naked in a baby carriage, belly-down, of course). Then again, maybe they think of themselves as having been rock stars in their youth. I'd be interested in any reports others here could make.
A mother I knew took pictures of her daughters aged c.5 and 7 in the bathtub in the 1950s
and straddling their father in bed (he was clothed & under blankets); thay were nude.
Those were "3-D" pictures that required a special viewer.
The ladies have no problems with them.
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 03:39 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Five and seven?

There's dumb stupid parents, and then there's weirdos.

Either way, I would take great pleasure in giving them a good slap. Idiots.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 03:43 am
@Lordyaswas,
The ladies don t think their parents were idiots.
Thay both led successful lives and continue to do so.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 04:01 am
The thread is about videos, as any who read it and was paying attention would have seen. It's not about still photos and it's not about the putative success of anyone. It's about the reactions of children who were videotaped in childhood now that they have reached adulthood. Let's try to keep on topic.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 04:10 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
The thread is about videos, as any who read it and was paying attention would have seen. It's not about still photos and it's not about the putative success of anyone. It's about the reactions of children who were videotaped in childhood now that they have reached adulthood. Let's try to keep on topic.
O, really??
Do u know anyone who posted in his OP:
Mr. Setanta wrote:
. . . (my sister never developed a sense of humor about the simple B&W photo
of her lying naked in a baby carriage, belly-down, of course). . . .
Anyway, I know not of videotaping anyone.
Sorry I can t help u beyond my posted efforts.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 04:21 am
@Setanta,
If u don t mind my asking:
Y do u find so great a difference in videotaping
as distinct from still pictures ?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 07:04 am
@Setanta,
There are 18 mm of my family - I don't know if any of them can still be played now, though.

I'm not so sure there's been enough time, perspective-wise. After all, how old are cheap, lightweight, good video cameras? Wikipedia puts still video cameras (military use mainly) at 1981 and video at 1988 but it's tough to tell when your average parents started really using them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_camera
Setanta

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:57 am
@jespah,
Yeah, i get it that people haven't been doing it for that long. Someone who was four or five years old in 1989 or 1990, though, would be near 20 by now. But you've got a good point, it may be too soon to say.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » AW JEEZE, MOM . . .
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 10:23:54