adopting a child using the natural law

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 08:00 am
hi could any help me give an advantage / disadvantage of adopting a child using any of the 5 precept of natural law i dont really understand much about it so i thought posting a thread in the forum
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,362 • Replies: 7
No top replies

aisaka11

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 08:24 am
@aisaka11,
These are the 5 primary precept of natural law
1. Self-preservation/preservation of the innocent
2. Continuation of the species through reproduction
3. Education of children
4. To live in society
5. To worship God

The situation was that a couple cannot bear a child so they were planning to adopt a child as an option
boomerang

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 09:34 am
@aisaka11,
Okay, I'll bite.

Adoption is ethically questionable (and I say this as an adoptive parent).

I believe that most pregnant women, who choose to carry a baby to term, would prefer to parent that child than to place it for adoption. However, we look at people who adopt children as "do gooders".

If we were really interested in doing good, wouldn't we put supports in place that would allow women to keep their children instead of finding new parents for the child?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 09:52 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
Okay, I'll bite.

I believe that most pregnant women, who choose to carry a baby to term, would prefer to parent that child than to place it for adoption. However, we look at people who adopt children as "do gooders".

If we were really interested in doing good, wouldn't we put supports in place that would allow women to keep their children instead of finding new parents for the child?
I 'm sure that just about everyone
in this forum sees u and your husband
as superbly fine parents. Mo is very lucky to have u.

David
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 10:22 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

Okay, I'll bite.

If we were really interested in doing good, Boomerang...we would make the process of getting pregnant and getting someone pregnant...at least as difficult as getting a driver's license.

As it is now, the only qualifications for getting pregnant and getting someone pregnant...are to master the basics of the process...which even monkeys can do.
boomerang

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It seems to me that we have enough government meddling in our reproductive lives as it is.

They put your life under a microscope when you adopt and there are still some seriously shitty adoptive parents.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Thank you, David.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:49 pm
http://www.reuters.com/investigates/adoption/#article/part1
Quote:

Part 1: When a Liberian girl proves too much for her parents, they advertise her online and give her to a couple they’ve never met. Days later, she goes missing.

KIEL, Wisconsin – Todd and Melissa Puchalla struggled for more than two years to raise Quita, the troubled teenager they'd adopted from Liberia. When they decided to give her up, they found new parents to take her in less than two days – by posting an ad on the Internet.

Nicole and Calvin Eason, an Illinois couple in their 30s, saw the ad and a picture of the smiling 16-year-old. They were eager to take Quita, even though the ad warned that she had been diagnosed with severe health and behavioral problems. In emails, Nicole Eason assured Melissa Puchalla that she could handle the girl.

"People that are around me think I am awesome with kids," Eason wrote.

A few weeks later, on Oct. 4, 2008, the Puchallas drove six hours from their Wisconsin home to Westville, Illinois. The handoff took place at the Country Aire Mobile Home Park, where the Easons lived in a trailer.

No attorneys or child welfare officials came with them. The Puchallas simply signed a notarized statement declaring these virtual strangers to be Quita's guardians. The visit lasted just a few hours. It was the first and the last time the couples would meet.

To Melissa Puchalla, the Easons "seemed wonderful." Had she vetted them more closely, she might have discovered what Reuters would learn:

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » adopting a child using the natural law
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 10:32:14