Labor and Employment Law: Signing under duress - civil liberties vs income

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 02:36 pm
New policies at work were recently distributed. I do not want to sign until speaking with an attorney because I feel my civil liberties are at stake. If I do not sign, I could be terminated. I have not been able to speak with an attorney and the deadline to turn in the policy is near.

My overall welfare is on one end and my rights are on the other. Do I have to choose one or is there a way to save both?

Thank you in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,697 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 02:39 pm
@Carolineisbroke,
Carolineisbroke wrote:

New policies at work were recently distributed. I do not want to sign until speaking with an attorney because I feel my civil liberties are at stake. If I do not sign, I could be terminated. I have not been able to speak with an attorney and the deadline to turn in the policy is near.

My overall welfare is on one end and my rights are on the other. Do I have to choose one or is there a way to save both?

Thank you in advance.

What was in the policies document and what state do you live in?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Labor and Employment Law: Signing under duress - civil liberties vs income
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:01:33