There's a storm rolling in up here.

gezzy

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 11:03 pm
By the looks of the radar, I think it's safe to say that I will be house bound for a few days.

http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/radar/wmk_e.html

What would you do if you were house bound for a few days?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,666 • Replies: 83
No top replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 11:18 pm
That depends on if I made myown wine or not.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 11:22 pm
LOL, I make my own wine, but I don't start until January. If I had the stuff now would be a good time to start a batch, but if we happen to lose the power it would ruin my batch, so maybe this wouldn't be a good time. I'm going to do some knitting and work on a quilt I'm making for my son.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 11:23 pm
It has been uncharacteristicly snowless here in The Northwoods of The Lower 48. There was a fog much of Christmas Eve Night and through Christmas day, though it was cold ... single digit to mid-teens farenheit. We call this unusual occurrence an "Ice Fog", because it wreaths the otherwise stark and leaf-bare trees whith delicate, sparkling, glinting halos of purest white. against a drear, gray sky and the tan-and-brown-tinged vistas of stubbled fields but lightly dusted with snow, the sight is impressive, in a faerie land sort of way, to say the least. Tonight the sky is clear and starry, the night quiet and windless, with the moon providing sufficient illumination to preserve, even enhance the almost jewels-on-velvet effect. As tonight will be colder yet with the clearing of the sky, the feathery white trunk-borne clouds will yet be evident in the morning, and will provide a magnificent dawn. I'm in little danger of missing the event; The Puppies welcome each dawn with great enthusiasm and exuberance., and lobby persuasively that their humans do the same.

timber
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 11:24 pm
(psssst, Gezzy, it's me, GeneralLee)
I'd say you you'll have time to knit a quilt, pajamas and a thong from the look of that storm
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 11:40 pm
Timber
That sounds wonderful :-D

GENERAL!!!!! Hey there :-D Long time no see. That explains how you knew about my wine making, lol. Great to see you here :-D
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 11:41 pm
LOL on the thong. A knit thong would sure be a first. Do you think there would be a market for that? LOL
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 12:44 am
Knit thong eh? Laughing

I've always thought it would be wonderful to be snowed in, watch the beauty of nature outside my window ..... read a few good books. And I would hope my computer would work too. But if not, there are so many good books and so little time!

Stay warm Gezzy!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 12:50 am
Gee thanks Chatoyant :-D Well, the snow just started and by the looks of things it looks like I won't make it to the store in the morning. We have enough food for weeks, but we only have a few days worth of toilet paper and that could be a problem if our plow guy can't make it for 3 or 4 days, lol. Other than that, I'mm looking forward to our snow in :-D Am I strange or what? LOL
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 12:54 am
Do you have catalogs? That works in place of toilet paper according to my mother. Sounds a little uncomfortable, but with those knit thongs it shouldn't be a problem.
Laughing
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 12:59 am
LOL. If it comes down to it we have tons of sears catologs, but I sure hope it doesn't come down to that. I think I would run to the neighbors for help before we resort to that and hope they don't run out first and come looking for some tp here. I'd give them the catologs first, lol
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 02:56 am
I really think now is not the time to be mentioning the runs.

Good to see you too, Gezzy.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 03:21 am
LOL Blaise. It's always great to see you as well :-D
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 08:09 am
Sears catalogs are the best ... for some things!
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 08:57 am
we got about an inch of snow here on the cape Gezzy if that despite all the media hype. we did get the wind tho, it was cranking.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 09:06 am
We got a nice little dump o' snow here in t.o. Really lovely for Christmas. I definitely would not care to get that storm bomb - one big storm in Toronto is enough. I get far too cranky when I'm stuck in the house. The year they sent the snowplows here from PEI was vicious, a friend literally lost her car in a snowdrift for a bit over 2 months. We used to look out the window to see if we could still see the broom handle her son had died to the antenna, so that the plows wouldn't drive into it.

hmmmmmmm, i once had knitted crotchless panties - it was for a scavenger hunt back in uni days. I'd suggest using small needles and fine yarn for the proposed thong.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 09:10 am
I gave up knitting for shopping.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 09:24 pm
Well, the good news isthat we didn't get as much as I thought we would and the wind was blowing so hard that it didn't even build up very much in my driveway. Now it's our private lane that we have to figure out. Our plow guy is in the hospital, so we have to start making phone calls tomorrow, so we can get out of here. The other good news is that the tp is holding up nicely :-D.

Beth
I'm sure it can get pretty bad in the city. Razz: on the thong, I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to go for it, haha! Wow, plows sent from PEI. That must have been one hell of a storm.

Mikey
one inch is not bad at all :-)

Chatoyant
I'm still waiting to hit the lottery so I can make the switch, lol Laughing
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 09:34 pm
We're supposed to get a big storm here tonight... lots of wind, they say. My weather bug keeps going off and buzzing at me, so it must be serious.

I don't knit but I am content to read and play board games. I love it when we lose power... for a while. When I get cold, then I get grumpy.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 09:48 pm
I cheat when it comes to the electricity. We have a propane-fired generator out back which automatically kicks on and switches the whole house over to back-up power in the case of an electrical outage. We heat and cook with propane, so there is a huge lozenge-shaped tank which is regularly supplied by virtue of contract with the propane vendor. The vendor's route management is somewhat more reliable than the local electrical grid, regardless of season.

timber
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » There's a storm rolling in up here.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 02:08:42