toes

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 08:18 pm
My daughter's toes are in a race. I can always tell when she has a growth spurt -- the second toe catches up to or passes the big toe. When she was born, the second toe was longer -- like mine -- I seem to remember that it's common for Sephardic Jews. (I'm 1/2, she's 1/4, though with blue eyes and light brown hair she doesn't look it.) While they get closer and further away, it's been a while since the second toe has passed the big toe.

She has the most adorable little toes in the universe, by the way.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 09:01 pm
Sozobe, LOL. Of course she does--she's the Sozlet!!

My second toes are also slightly longer. A few years ago, I had to have one of them operated on because it had become what is called a 'hammer toe.' Probably because of sticking up further than the others for all these years.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 11:04 am
My Second Toe

My second toe
Prevents me form doing ballet
It is crooked, bent like an old beggar
Stooped to the ground, too poor for a cane
"It is a direct descendent of Cleopatra," says the podiatrist.
I wonder if that queen would pick up small objects with her toe,
Like I do, a rubber ball, maybe she a scarab beetle.
I wonder if she hid hers under decorated sandal, or had it painted gold for all too see,
Kissed by servants and Marc Antony.
The podiatrist suggested cutting off my toe,
(Grin and butcher knife hidden behind his back,)
So I may freely wear high heels and do ballet
Cleopatra didn't need ballet, or stifling heels,
Or podiatrists.

Copyright Mariko Frost 2003
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 11:10 am
Great poem! I think I've seen it before. I like it.

When I finally figured out to get shoes a half-size larger -- not what my feet could fit into, with scrunched second toe, but what gave the second toe room to stretch -- it straightened right out.

People really do get surgery for this, though. Something about "toe cleavage." :-?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 11:51 am
Ok, this was the topic of discussion last night. I have it good authority, when the second toe is longer than the big toe it is called a 'Grecian Foot'.
Apparently named after the statues of greek antiquity. Aphrodite perhaps???
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 03:55 pm
But of course! Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » toes
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 11:24:17