Water Leak from Under floorboards

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 09:59 am
Good Afternoon!
Recently, (Around 4 months ago) I was cleaning out our cupboard and the whole floor was damp, I pulled up the Lino flooring and underneath was absolutely drenched. The smell of damp was unbearable!
We noticed it was due to a dodgey bath fitting as the bathroom is right next to the cupboard. We got our bath re fitted and properly sealed into the wall and allowed the cupboard to dry out.
It's all fine now, bath is sorted, no more leaks in the cupboard and it is totally dry

HOWEVER
recently, (since the bath leak) we have noticed our floor boards (it's an upstairs flat and is fully laminated) are slightly raised in some places. I was cleaning my room today and under my lovely cream rug was a big smelly damp leak! It had
came upfrom under the floor and the board was slightly risen.

The same thing happened a previous few weeks ago to the floor outside of the cupboard where a puddle of water actually appeared.

I'm only a 20 year old female, I live with my Mum but she really doesn't care about what happens to the house, she has a very bad attitude to anything that may need money time or work so it is always down to me to sort this out so I am sorry in advance if this post is jumpy and diffiult to understand.

Basically, what my Mum thinks is it's the water from the shower/bath that has travveled user the floor boards through time and is ocasionally cropping up around the flat.. I want to know.. could this be a possibilty?
How long could it take to dry out?
Has anyone ever had a similar problem?

I'm at my witts end, I'm worried some serious damage is going to be caused.
I appreciate everyones help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 991 • Replies: 0
No top replies