Enjoy your pork chop

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 01:01 pm
I've wondered about the wisdom of the huge wind turbine in a day and age when Technology is so rapidly increasing the efficiency of the solar cell approaching 50%

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/09/24/new-solar-cell-efficiency-record-of-44-7-set/

And maybe I'm lugubriously compassionate but a recent ad by Aircraft Spruce for The BirdXPeller PRO is a sonic bird repeller suggesting that such might be built into the wind turbine for at most a couple hundred bucks

…..ah but alas, then there's the cost of maintenance

But to get down to brass tacks, with friendly Porky almost as intelligent as a 3-year-old child, if it's okay to confine him in a muddy pen before hanging him up by his back legs, then cutting his throat so he bleeds to death before chopping him up

….then why not a 3-year-old child
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,062 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 01:09 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

I've wondered about the wisdom of the huge wind turbine in a day and age when Technology is so rapidly increasing the efficiency of the solar cell approaching 50%

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/09/24/new-solar-cell-efficiency-record-of-44-7-set/

And maybe I'm lugubriously compassionate but a recent ad by Aircraft Spruce for The BirdXPeller PRO is a sonic bird repeller suggesting that such might be built into the wind turbine for at most a couple hundred bucks

…..ah but alas, then there's the cost of maintenance

But to get down to brass tacks, with friendly Porky almost as intelligent as a 3-year-old child, if it's okay to hang him up by his back legs, then cut his throat so he bleeds to death before chopping him up

….then why not a 3-year-old child

I commiserate with the concern for an intelligent animal. I would guess that the habit of eating pork originated in Europe where there was no land for any other animal to graze, and be a staple for protein. I wind up eating pork that comes from a can, specifically because I do not like to see something that looks like it was once alive. The nitrites might not be exactly health food, but at least I do not have to look at something that looks like it was once thinking.

Plus, now the paleo diet even says too many carbs is not so good? How does one eat?
dalehileman

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 01:22 pm
@Foofie,
Foof thank you for your support. When I've posted this q in the past I've got little response. Don't you wonder why

Incidentally I'm willing to consider reasons intelligence even figures into the equation

But then why do I so enjoy that pork loin

Because Tim I'm such a crappy person
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Enjoy your pork chop
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 07:10:03