Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 04:21 pm
please Smile homework
Complete the text with the correct alternative.

"Dear Sara,
How's life at college? I think you're lucky that you're not at home any more. Mark has bought a pet rat! Why a rat? If I ....a...... a pet, it would be something nice like a dog or a cat but my brother bought a rat. How he says that it has to run around. Apparently, if rats .....b..... kept in cages all day, they .....c..... unhappy. I told him that ......d..... this rat isn't kept in a cage all day, I will be unhappy!
Anyway, other news. I .....e..... work this summer - I don't know yet. Jenny knows the owners of a café by the sea and they ...........f....... need someone to help in July and August. It's about 80 percent sure so keep your fingers crossed.
.....g...... I do get the job, I'll live in a flat above the café so that will be great.
Hope all is well at university!
Love
Beth"

I have to choose,which of these id good :
a. bought, buy, will buy, would buy
b. - , were , are , will be , would be
c. - , get, got, would get, will get
d. - , if , provided that , unless, when
e. - ,will , won't , would ,might
f. - , will definitely , will probably , probably won't , definitely won't
g. - , when , unless , if , as long
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,078 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 06:49 pm
@nellatiti,
In (a) they're all okay except "will buy." "Would buy " is next to last partly because the second "would" grates a bit

If you don't get much response it's because many of us resent the request to do somebody else's homework. Some of us though might help if you were to also include your own choices
0 Replies

acesoftech

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 10:40 pm
@nellatiti,
I am also a college student and currently learning PHP/MySql. I found your question very interesting

Anjelina,

(http://www.phpkolkata.in)
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 04:58 am
@nellatiti,

This test is easy.

I suggest you do it yourself.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 05:36 am
Dale is not an Englishman, don't trust him. I'm not sure about McT, though . . .
McTag

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 08:24 am
@Setanta,

Me neither.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 03:01 pm
@Setanta,
McTag is Scots. He'll give you short, terse answers.
0 Replies