what do you use to get rid of clogged drains??

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 07:15 am
Actually..My sink always blocks after 2 months and i tried everything but never get positive result..anybody is there to solve my problem??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 2,647 • Replies: 20
Topic Closed
No top replies

neologist

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:39 pm
@cherryrosh,
Use sink for only one month
0 Replies

dalehileman

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:42 pm
@cherryrosh,
Drano for instance jumps to mind but of course Cher many drain cleaners are available. I've used such in combination with plunger. I use the cleaner first, according to the theory that if it's apparently unsuccessful then at least it loosens the clog; then later the plunger

The temptation is to plunge vigorously. In the rare case however, downstroke actually forces a pipe junction apart. So best bet might be, plunge most gently but then withdraw with utmost force
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:43 pm
@cherryrosh,
cherryrosh wrote:

Actually..My sink always blocks after 2 months and i tried everything but never get positive result..anybody is there to solve my problem??

A stick of dynamite will do nicely and get a positive result every time.
neologist

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:46 pm
@tsarstepan,
OOOH! I had forgotten about that!
0 Replies

dalehileman

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
Indeed Tsar if only we didn't have the possibility of substandard junctions. Perhaps in reverse mode there's a substance creating a vacuum upon ignition
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:48 pm
@cherryrosh,
On a more serious note, you might want to listen to dale. He gets plugged a lot. Laughing
dalehileman

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 03:37 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
He gets plugged a lot.
Yea Neo, everywhere I go
0 Replies

leball

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 05:10 pm
@cherryrosh,
Hi cherry
pour a can or 2 of Coke down the drain. Leave for an hour or two or longer if possible. Guaranteed results all the time. It has worked for me in the past
0 Replies

roger

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 05:20 pm
@cherryrosh,
I try the plunger first. Sometimes it clears it out; sometimes it seems to just compact whatever is the problem. Second shot is boiling water, followed by another plunging. The chemicals are a last resort, mostly because they don't seem to work without the preceding efforts.

I would be very careful about following a caustic treatment with a plunger. It's too easy to get splattered with sodium or potassium chloride. That stuff is more dangerous to the eyes than most acids.
PUNKEY

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 05:24 pm
I just saw a home remedy for this.

Pour baking soda down the drain, followed by white vinegar.

dalehileman

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 06:59 pm
@roger,
Quote:
I would be very careful about following a caustic treatment with a plunger.
Yea Rog, well put
0 Replies

jcboy

Sat 18 Jan, 2014 04:48 pm
@cherryrosh,
Oh gee, I have a clogged drain, what should I do? Should I call an electrician? Should I phone the Vet? Perhaps call the mechanic at the local garage? Lord knows the last thing to do would be is to call a plumber. Oh brother!
dalehileman

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 01:42 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
Lord knows the last thing to do would be is to call a plumber.
At $400 a visit, better try first to do it yourself
roger

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 01:51 am
@dalehileman,
Of course.
0 Replies

McTag

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 01:57 am

Drains don't become clogged on their own.

If it's only the sink, you should examine what you're putting down there. Any fats or oils will congeal in cold conditions.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 02:04 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

I just saw a home remedy for this.

Pour baking soda down the drain, followed by white vinegar.

I'd try this first, you won't believe what bubbles up. Yuck, but it cleans the drain.
0 Replies

FrancisKroeger

Thu 9 Oct, 2014 07:53 am
@jcboy,
This issue can be better solved by some professional plumbers. It is better to call them for repairing it.
0 Replies

RayEGarcia

Tue 2 Dec, 2014 04:28 am
There can be some problem with your water supply pipe. Make it checked. I also had similar problem and its working good after cleaning water supply pipes.
RayEGarcia

Tue 7 Apr, 2015 05:43 am
@RayEGarcia,
Hey...
I like to share some tips to get rid of clog instantly. Add salt to the boiled water and pour it in drain, Or you can use baking soda and vineger together.
0 Replies