Protect Red Seal Trades (Canadian Content)

Chumly

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 10:13 pm
Hello all,
Would you kindly sign this petition and ask friends to do the same?
Cheers,
Chum

Here's the petition http://www.protectredsealtrades.ca/Actions.asp

Here's the concern (in very simplified terms):

The BC Safety Authority (BCSA) wants to have semiskilled electrical work practitioners (EWP's) do the same work that fully-skilled Red Seal journeyperson electricians (such as myself) do now.

Allowing semiskilled electrical work practitioners (EWP's) to be certified reduces the incentive to serve the four year Red Seal electrical apprenticeship. Without the required 6,000 hours of on the job training, semiskilled electrical work practitioners (EWP's) won't meet the high standards of the electrical industry.

Permitting the BC Safety Authority (BCSA) to promote semiskilled electrical work practitioners (EWP's) will:

1. Erode Red Seal standards by allowing semiskilled electrical work practitioners (EWP's) to do electrical work on hazardous energy systems;

2. Endanger public health and safety when semiskilled electrical work practitioners (EWP's) are allowed to perform electrical work without adequate training or supervision;

3. Create inconsistencies with BC electrical safety regulations because only the Provincial Electrical Safety Manager is authorized to issue such certificates under the BC Safety Standards Act.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 326 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 10:20 pm
@Chumly,
I see this kind of crap happening in several of the trades here in AB.
I signed it. I'll pass it on too.
Chumly

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 11:25 pm
@Ceili,
I am most appreciative!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Protect Red Seal Trades (Canadian Content)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 05:38:41