RCA Truflat SDTV off center display

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 08:11 pm
I know what you're thinking: Who the hell uses SDTVs anyways? Well, I do and I've had this problem with this particular one since I got it(I got it used). The display is off center, slightly to the left and slightly down so it cuts off almost 2-3 inches of space to the left, and about an inch of the way down which is really annoying when trying to play Skyrim etc. I honestly can't find the model number, everyone I've asked says to look on the back, well guess what- It's not there. I turned the damn thing around and searched it up and down, also one more problem, when I leave the TV sitting for a long time without really doing anything with it(like leaving it on a blue screen or something) the colors start to distort, as in there will be one big blob of pink in the middle of the screen, then to the right a blob of like green or something... Help?

==Edit==
Also, I scoured through the settings in the menu, there is nothing that allows me to change screen position
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,500 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 08:24 pm
@Inception,
Have you downloaded a manual and looked through it for how to adjust the vertical and horizontal display position?

If not, copy the name of your TV into a Google search, add the word manual, open one of the first couple of websites and download it.

If you don't find it addressed in the how to section, look in the troubleshooting section.
Inception

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 09:21 pm
@Butrflynet,
There is nothing in the manual, but I found the model number(I had to open up the TV and it was inside the shell e-e) 20F511T

==EDIT==
The damn thing is teasing me. I was flipping through the CATTV channels and for about 1 minute the screen position fixed itself, I changed input back to my cable setup and it went back to it's old self. I tried going back to that CATTV channel and it did nothing

==EDIT...Again==
Now whenever I start it with the input on CATV it starts out fixed, but when I actually try to do something(not when I change input, like when I turn on my Xbox 360 or Cable box) it does it again... Wtf?
Inception

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 09:38 pm
@Inception,
Any channel below CATV 8 will make it go back to it's off centered position, or if I change output to FRNT and turn on my Xbox 360.

=Edit=
Trying a hard reset
Inception

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 10:42 pm
@Inception,
Didn't work
0 Replies

Inception

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 11:35 pm
bump
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 11:48 pm
Look here to see if similar problem is addressed in the 18+ pages of posts about problems with that TV. If not addressed, post your question there where those familiar with the TV can help you

http://www.fixya.com/f/tags/rca_tv_truflat_20f511t/page-15

From what I've skimmed over, it sounds like the TV has more than a few defects.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » RCA Truflat SDTV off center display
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 12:38:32