Spock Free From Original Sin

Chumly

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 01:40 pm
I guess those pointy ears are not the spawn of the devil after all.
Quote:
The Pope's chief astronomer says that life on Mars cannot be ruled out.

Writing in the Vatican newspaper, the astronomer, Father Gabriel Funes, said intelligent beings created by God could exist in outer space.

Father Funes, director of the Vatican Observatory near Rome, is a respected scientist who collaborates with universities around the world.

The search for forms of extraterrestrial life, he says, does not contradict belief in God.

The official Vatican newspaper headlines his article 'Aliens Are My Brother'.

'Free from sin'

Just as there are multiple forms of life on earth, so there could exist intelligent beings in outer space created by God. And some aliens could even be free from original sin, he speculates.

Asked about the Catholic Church's condemnation four centuries ago of the Italian astronomer and physicist, Galileo, Father Funes diplomatically says mistakes were made, but it is time to turn the page and look towards the future.

Science and religion need each other, and many astronomers believe in God, he assures readers.

To strengthen its scientific credentials, the Vatican is organizing a conference next year to mark the 200th anniversary of the birth of the author of the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7399661.stm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 531 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 01:58 pm
Maybe aliens have already been and gone?
Jesus said- "I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going...I am not of this world" (John 8:14/ 8:23)
But for those of us who missed him, he left these words of comfort-
"I'll be back" (Mark 13:26)..Smile
Chumly

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 02:16 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I have faith that both John and Mark were very well versed in the concepts of panspermia / transpermia.

Not only that but panspermia / transpermia helps support intelligent design, thus it's a win-win for Christian apologists.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 02:20 pm
Quote:
Chumly said: panspermia and transpermia

The names ring a bell mate, were they an old vaudeville double act?
Anyway, to continue on the 'alien visitors' theme-

STARSHIP -"Praise to the Lord, to him who rides the ancient skies above,
whose power is in the skies." (Psalm 68:33-34)
ACTIVATE TRANSPORTER - Jesus said "I am not of this world" (John 8:23)
RADIATION SHIELDING- God said "When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by" (Exodus 33:22)
GENESIS PROJECT -"God made the worlds.." (Heb 11:3 KJV)
ORBITAL TRAJECTORY - - "God sits on the circle of the earth" (Isa 40:22)
WARP FACTOR 9 - "God rides upon a swift cloud" (Isa 19:1)
CLOAKING DEVICE - "God goes by me but I see him not" (Job 9:10)
TIME DILATION - "With God a thousand years are as one day" (2 Pet 3:8 )
MOTHERSHIP- "I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north, the center of the fire looked like glowing metal" (Ezekiel 1:4)
STARGATE- Jesus said - "Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."(Matt 7:13)

"And God sent an angel to destroy Jerusalem. But as the angel was doing so, the Lord saw it and was grieved because of the calamity and said to the angel who was destroying the people, "Enough! Withdraw your hand."... David looked up and saw the angel of the Lord standing between heaven and earth, with a drawn sword in his hand extended over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders, clothed in sackcloth, fell facedown" (1 Chron 21:15/16) http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/dragonstar-space.gif~original
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 02:29 pm
I am sure Spock's ancestors could be convicted of some sort of crime, crime and punishment at a whim, as it were.
Chumly

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 05:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
There are claims that Spock's books led to crimes of moral permissiveness (oops wrong Spock).
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 10:27 pm
Whelp, now that Leonard Nimoy is dead, I suppose the Christian faithful must be convinced he has been forgiven of his sins (both original and corny acting).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Spock Free From Original Sin
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:04:22