Shortcut keys for trackpad on/off function

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 09:02 pm
Just for future reference, does anyone know what most laptops use as the shortcut key for turning on and off a laptop's touchpad/trackpad?

Tonight, my touchpad somehow turned mysteriously off and my mouse arrow was paralyzed. Poor poor arrow. Crying or Very sad Unable to move free on my screen and unable to click. I was afraid my laptop would have to live the rest of its life as a Lifetime movie protagonist: disabled and yearning for empowerment.

Since I couldn't turn it directly back on, I went the long way around in order to diagnose the problem. According to my device manager, my trackpad was functioning though there wasn't any easy way to turn it back on.

I managed to turn it on indirectly by the roundabout way of downloading the trackpad drivers via using the keyboard and various tab and keystrokes. Then rebooting the computer.

SO: Is there a shortcut key (standard on most notebook computers)? In case this fluke of a digital event happens again, I can easily rectify it or at least rule out if that was why my trackpad turned off or if its a potential hardware issue to be worried about/kept an eye on.

I have a Windows 7 HP notebook.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,589 • Replies: 0
No top replies