Apologies and Congratulations...

SCoates

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 10:37 pm
No, that's not what the doctor said to my mother when I was born. It is what I am offering. Everyone has times where they do well, and just need someone to congratulate them. Or perhaps, they feel someone has wronged them, or the world has wronged them, and they just need an apology. I am currently offering both. Just tell me what happened and I'll apologize. Tell me what you've done, and I'll congratulate you. And, most amazingly, I will do it all with the utmost sincerity! Now that's impressive.

P.S.--as usual I reminded myself of something. Test this theory out, congratulate random people about nothing in particular. Since everyone feels they deserve a congratulations, you'll be surprised how many people will beam and thank you, without asking what the congratulations were for.

R.S.--Okay, everyone, let's start with some easy ones to get me warmed up. It's not easy to be sincere on some issues.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,247 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 10:39 pm
For the apology: I'm mad at you for being born.

For the congrats: I just tricked some doofus into apologizing to me for no reason.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:09 pm
Oh, wow, Craven. I'm so sorry for being born. And I'm sorry you're mad at me for being born. Seriously, I feel like such an idiot.

You da man, Crave! Way ta manipulate.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:20 pm
Gosh I'm sneaky.
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:22 pm
you two are something else.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:26 pm
The problem with using words indescriminately is that they loose all meaning.

Still, it can't hurt.

I'm tired and have a variety of minor but continuing physical ailments which aren't enought to bitch about or blame for being late every day. I also have bad spelling. I got fired today from a job that didn't pay but feel guilty nonetheless. They were behind a year and I was behind one week, and they got someone new.

On the positive side I got an "A" on my last paper and I learned to throw cups on the pottery wheel. I have a boyfriend I really like, and hope he'll follow me to grad school if I get the money to go. My family is mostly wonderful and I have a great roomate. She will be getting a dog to replace her boyfriend and I hope it will be cute and nice. I like dogs.

Anything you want to be apologised to or congratulated for?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:28 pm
Portal Star wrote:

I'm tired and have a variety of minor but continuing physical ailments which aren't enought to bitch about or blame for being late every day. I also have bad spelling. I got fired today from a job that didn't pay but feel guilty nonetheless. They were behind a year and I was behind one week, and they got someone new.

Congradulations Portal Star! Way to go, I am so proud of you!

Quote:
On the positive side I got an "A" on my last paper and I learned to throw cups on the pottery wheel. I have a boyfriend I really like, and hope he'll follow me to grad school if I get the money to go. My family is mostly wonderful and I have a great roomate. She will be getting a dog to replace her boyfriend and I hope it will be cute and nice. I like dogs.

Sorry to hear Portal Star, you have my sympathy.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:29 pm
Is that icon really a picture of you, sos? I can't express how sorry I am. But, hey, you did manage to form a complete sentence, albeit with poor structure, so kudos to you!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:33 pm
Portal Star,

Hope you don't mind the joke. I had the idea to play reversals and did so without reading it carefully. Now it feels kinda mean.

So this one's actually sincere:

Sorry about the job. Really am.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:36 pm
Well, Portal, I suppose your bases are covered. I mean that as a slant on the cliche metaphor. As far as MY needs, I started this thread as a diversion from my own repressed guilt and low self esteem. Incidentally I feel that all of my problems are my own fault so I cannot accept an apology based on the former of those issues, nor do I deserve any compliments based on the latter.
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:44 pm
SCoates wrote:
Is that icon really a picture of you, sos? I can't express how sorry I am. But, hey, you did manage to form a complete sentence, albeit with poor structure, so kudos to you!

Yes, it is.. But I'll take it down... jeesh.. did you have to be so harsh?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2004 11:47 pm
I'm sorry, soserene. I don't have to be so harsh. It was completely uncalled for.

Way to be a good sport about it though, I really admire that in you.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 12:01 pm
Thanks Craven.

SCoates wrote:
Well, Portal, I suppose your bases are covered. I mean that as a slant on the cliche metaphor. As far as MY needs, I started this thread as a diversion from my own repressed guilt and low self esteem. Incidentally I feel that all of my problems are my own fault so I cannot accept an apology based on the former of those issues, nor do I deserve any compliments based on the latter.

SCoates, I'm sorry I cannot congratulate or appologise for your problems because of your owerwhelming sense of guilt and self responsibility. I know exactly what you mean and sympathize. Try to take it a little easier on yourself.

I also congratulate you on your ability to be self-reliant and moralizing.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 12:21 pm
SCoates, I believe I need an apology from you. It was just supposed to be a couple of beers last night and then home, but you started killing all those hookers. Shame on you.

However, congratulations on helping rid the world of sin!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:56 pm
Cav, I'm sorry you have so much influence on me when you're drunk. I of course was sober as a mule. Oh, crud... what an awful simile. I apologize.

Oh, I thought about this over night and I am now offering COMPLIMENTS also. I think that seems more fitting than just congratulations.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 05:26 pm
I shall offer a compliment to SCoates for being witty, and for having a seriously bad memory.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 05:48 pm
I need an apology for this incredible rash I woke up with this morning.

I also feel I am owed congratulations: I have no idea where I was or what I did last night, but, given the location of the rash, it must have been a damn good time!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 05:49 pm
(I am concerned, though, that you may have rid the world of my soure of joy and epidermal irritation...)
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 05:52 pm
I'm sorry, patio, I don't feel that I can offer a sincere apology. On those ground I know I must bring dishonor to my name--either in apologizing and making myself a liar on the grounds of sincerity, or in not apologizing and making myself a liar in promising apologies to all. I am a man of my word, and it is difficult for me to choose between these options. I am leaning towards the latter solution, but I am open to advice.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 06:06 pm
Then can you at least apologize for not being able to apologize with sincerity? Or for not congratulating me as promised?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Apologies and Congratulations...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 01:54:11