Accessing my account without having to reset it?

Leo3866

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 12:47 am
Good day....

I have an enquiry and hope you can assist.

If I have an email account and when it was set up I set it up adding a secondary email. If I have forgotten the password is it possible that I can retrieve the password without having to change the password or reset the account with a new password. So basically what I want to know is there any way I can request the password and have it forwarded to the secondary email without having to amend anything.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 741 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 08:55 am
@Leo3866,
Check out the help and support pages for your email provider. I feel certain the subject has come up many times and will be coveted there.

Can't be any more specific than that since you were not.
Leo3866

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 12:27 pm
@Butrflynet,
Okay let me be more specific. I have two gmail email accounts. The second one was created and when asked to select a secondary email I chose my first email for that. Recently when I wanted to log onto my second account I forgot the password. I do not want to reset the account by going into the support option because then a new password needs to be created and I cannot do that since the account also needs to be accessed by other users which I can't get hold of to inform the change of password should I opt to reset the account. So basically I need to know how I could retrieve the password without amending the account in any way. I have scrolled all the support help topics but none of them seem to have any information on how to do this and the only option found was how to reset the account. I needed to know if there was a procedure I could follow to request the password being sent to my original email account which was used as the secondary account when the new one was created.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 04:12 pm
What about resetting the password long enough to gain access then change it back again to the old password known by the others?

Another option would be to send a note to the email account for which you forgot the password. Ask anyone reading the note to contact you immediately and ask them for the password.
0 Replies