Electrical "invention " revisited

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 11:27 am
I have this great idea that might have millions if not billions of applications, a small gadget which upon being energized is alternately a closed or open circuit. In its "lamp switcher" form for instance you insert it in the socket so that one click of the light switch turns it on but the next leaves it off

For instance used with celling fan, no need to go pull the light chain

It will come in various forms. Another for instance might simply have two wires, and you'd connect it in series where required

If there is such a thing where can I get it and if there isn't, why; so Open Letter to the Appliance Industry: Make some inquiries of your customers, and if I'm wrong, that nobody is interested, then I will understand. On the other hand however you might make a fortune

So if it's a new idea and it's a hit, at least give it my name for posterity and to impress my two sons with its novelty: I am incidentally [email protected] and apparently don't care who knows it
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 847 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 11:39 am
I think that is absolutely brilliant!

My invention is still undergoing trials at the patent office, but has received an initial protection certificate so it's safe to discuss openly at this time.
I have invented dehydrated water crystals for use in areas where water is either non existant, or not drinkable.
Explorers will soon be able to carry small satchets of almost weightless dehydrated water crystals, as opposed to being weighed down with gallons and gallons of water in its natural state.

I'm hopeful that this time next year, I'll be a billionaire.
timur

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 12:00 pm
@dalehileman,
A novelty that was first invented in 1888.

What you are describing is a stepping switch.

You can also check Uniselector

Before you say it's not the device you have in mind, please read attentively the whole article..
Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 12:17 pm
@timur,
Thanks. You saved me the trouble of typing.
timur

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 12:19 pm
@Ragman,
My pleasure.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 12:25 pm
Furthermore, late-night TV ads repeated forever a device called 'The Clapper'. It is related and parallels the device about which you're inquiring.

"Clap on, clap off...The Clapper". This device can shut-off an electrical device such as a TV or light switch with the sound of the clapping of your hands.
Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 12:56 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
This device can turn on or shut-off an electrical device such as a TV or light switch ...
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 01:56 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordy, lordy, Lordy, but you've made my day if not entire week, we need mor'a'ya
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 02:00 pm
@timur,
Thanks Tim most kindly for that link and forgive my unforgivable laziness, but could you provide a few words from the para or paras that describe most closely the device I describe

Thanks again

I am incidentally an erstwhile inventor and writer in the electronics field so it's unnecessary to "talk down"

I use "erstwhile" 'cause it sounds less pejorative than "former"
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 02:03 pm
@Ragman,
Rag I'm familiar with the Clapper but thanks for the comp. I'm imagining a situation, for instance, where the fan and its light is at some distance, more easily accessible by the wall switch; or environment where extraneous sounds might frequently occur
dalehileman

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 02:26 pm
@dalehileman,
I should maybe elaborate ever-so-slightly
Apologizing if OP not entirely clear
I'd suppose one form of "clapper" might be insulating disk with a conducting terminal both sides in the center, which one would insert in a lamp socket. With my proposal of course, containing instead a solid-state switch as linked by Tim

Edited to note a bit of re-thinking suggests to make the device independent of load, a second conductor around its rim
dalehileman

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2013 05:04 pm
@dalehileman,
Maybe I shouldn't have the word though I did place "invention" in quotes. I'm aware of electronic switches but simply wondering whether one had ever been fielded in a package such as I describe for the purpose I indicate and if so whether it's still available
dalehileman

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2013 01:20 pm
@dalehileman,
Surprised at the dearth of response since some electrical threads are whelmed by knowledgeable postings: Maybe mine just isn't a good idea

So can anyone easily provide a link to an electrical forum that he likes

Thanks anyway all
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Electrical "invention " revisited
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:24:20