Lovatts colossus 263 UK,stinker

margsy

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 04:59 am
Can anyone please help me with 290a sacred cow (S?I?BOLET?) my brain has been going round in circles trying to find this answer, lots of references but no actual help. thank you in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,082 • Replies: 6
No top replies

fresco

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 05:14 am
@margsy,
probably SHIBBOLETH
timur

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 05:18 am
@margsy,
Would this quote help?

Quote:
It's a taboo, a shibboleth, a dogma, a sacred cow, a superstition.
James34

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 11:39 am
@margsy,
Hi Margsy
Try The Crossword Solver, always good except for plurals. Maybe too many beetroot sarnies slowing you down. I love beetroot, either plain or in vinegar.
About the clueing in the comps, weird and wonderful at times, maybe it is just old age, but I remember when a cuppa, was tea, now a day's it seems to include coffee, racing was the sport of kings and now includes polo, and not the mints.
Take care
James
x
margsy

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 03:46 am
@fresco,
Thank you fresco, l came up with that answer several times but on checking it the description was nothing like the clue of sacred cow. Last one on that grid now to finish the knowledge. good luck x
0 Replies

margsy

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 03:47 am
@timur,
Thank you, as l said to fresco that l came up with this answer but the meaning where l checked did not say anything about sacred cow. x
0 Replies

margsy

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 03:52 am
@James34,
Thank you james34, l did use my crossword solver and it came up several times with the same word, SHIBBOLETH, but l could not find the meaning that to referred to sacred cow.
l agree about the tea, all the rest of my family prefer coffee, ugh, tried it once a long time ago and was quite sick. l too like beetroot in vinegar as well, it is a shame that a lot of our old british traditions are going out the window in favour of more what l call outlandish things.
0 Replies