How to change your life at 30 and start a new life from scratch?

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 06:00 pm
Hi,
I'm about to turn 30 and I like to start a new life over, well I sort of did start a new life, better to tell that I ended an old life. Here is the story:
I'm from Iran and I'm a IT & Telecom Professional who worked for different international companies for about 8 years as a project manager with good income and a okay life. But due to political problems in Iran I had to leave everything behind and flee the country and become a refugee. Now after 3 years of struggling with the situation now I'm in US.

The problem is that I don't want to do the same thing that I was use to do. past three years changed me a lot and now in US I started from scratch with nothing ( I came to US with $30 in my pocket) I work at a restaurant and I hate it though Smile

I have the idea to move to bay area so I can network in IT industry and get back on my career, but on the other hand I'm sure that in the long round that doesn't make me happy.

What makes me happy is to be a photographer, Artist, Sculpturing and fine arts in general, or maybe journalism. and I have no background about any of these except a bit of mechanical photography from long ago.

Here is the question:

Can anybody suggest a way to start an Art career from scratch with no background and not enough money (remember I get pay the minimum wage which is suck)

Thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,435 • Replies: 0
No top replies