You've got two choices . . .

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:53 pm
If you only had the following two choices:

1. live a quiet life, work your whole life at a job that doesn't inspire you but does pay the bills, save your money, never smoke, drink, gamble, or try any other vice, never travel or even leave your hometown, marry the girl next door, raise a family, and die quietly in your sleep at the age of 90.

or,

2. You can live the life of Jimi Hendrix: Live in the moment, do every drug you can find, have sex with hundreds of adoring groupies, create unbelievably great music for your living, become a legend, and die in a pool of your own vomit at the age of 27.

Which would you choose?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 656 • Replies: 13
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:24 pm

But I don't like either all that very much.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:35 pm
Hmm, technically, I think that's one choice, two options. Very Happy

I picked #2.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 11:55 pm
One who dies owing a million probably had more fun than one who dies leaving a million ....

I dunno ... for a while there, I was workin' pretty hard at #2, but somehow I just never pulled it off. I guess that pretty much consigns me to #1 now, doesn't it? Well, 'cept mebbe the smokin' - drinkin - gamblin' part. Never saw much point in avoidin' stuff I could do well. Done a buncha travelin' too ... and ain't done some othat other stuff there in #1, or ain't done much of it.

Hmmmm .... wonder just where that does leave me?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 12:15 am
In my youth I lived life on the edge. As I get older, #2 life style sounds too extreme and #1 a bit boring. Now, if the two could be mixed up together, it may not be a bad life. You could still die quietly in your sleep at age 90, after having the most rockin' party of the century in your home.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 01:33 am
I'm not interested in marrying the girl next door. Otherwise, I'd go for the first. I'm tired of worrying about stuff.
0 Replies

Exception

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 01:42 am
Well, I'd definitely go with #1. First of all I happen to like the boy next door. Second, even if my job doesn't inspire me I can have great hobbies on the side(computers games food tennis swords math...). Third, I'm not promiscuous nor am I a seeker of material indulgence.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 02:42 am
Neither, really. Both choices are too extreme. I don't want to be bored to death (1), nor do I want to be outrageously reckless & self obsessed. (2) Something in between would suit me fine.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 04:31 am
Not interested in doing drugs, don't want sex with groupies. I think that #1, with a slight touch of #2 would suit me fine!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 09:20 am
My life has been a mix, and I've rather liked that about it.

On jobs and hobbies; I turned my passion, or one of them, painting, into a job by essentially doing art (design and drawing) nine to five, but that sort of deflates energy that is there to paint as well. Not that I'm sorry I did that, just a comment on choices seeming boring.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 10:21 am
Yeah... pretty much self-excluded from #1 or #2.

'Live fast, die young, leave a beautiful corpse.'
-J Dean
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 10:39 am
If those were indeed the only two choices availible to us, I would go with #2, only because both are miserable but one is shorter. Thankfully, in the real world, we have many more options within the gray area.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 11:31 am
I would most definitely choose two; some might say that the lows enhance the highs, but I would rather die a legend, having experienced a lot, than have lived a sedated life. I couldn't stand number one...

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 04:48 pm
What others think of me doesn't matter, so the legends and groupies part of #2 doesn't do anything for me. Dying young, no thanks.

A quiet, pleasant life? Definitely a target for me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » You've got two choices . . .
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 04:28:11