surge

Wed 28 Aug, 2013 12:54 pm
i wired a 53' semi trailer and every thing work's fine ,on the back i have a caution light for wide load,s which gets its power from the running lights when it flashes the running lights flash but do not go on and off completely ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 552 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

dalehileman

Wed 28 Aug, 2013 04:55 pm
@surge,
Surge, do you mean when you connected the caution light that the running lights then don't go off between flashes

And does the caution light now also behave the same way
0 Replies

surge

Sun 8 Sep, 2013 06:55 am
they never go completely off they get dim as the caution light goes on
0 Replies

surge

Sun 8 Sep, 2013 06:55 am
they never go completely off they get dim as the caution light goes on
dalehileman

Sun 8 Sep, 2013 09:49 am
@surge,
Sounds Surge like it's miswired, perhaps in series instead of parallel. That is to say its return wire is connected to the hot side of the running lights
0 Replies

bahtah

Thu 12 Sep, 2013 05:13 pm
@surge,
Surge, I am not sure if by your question you want the both the running lights and the caution light to flash or just the caution light. If all the lights should flash is it possible the flasher unit is not heavy-duty enough. I have seen this with a truck and trailer where a flasher unit does not work properly with the addition of lights. If just the rear caution light is meant to flash then as mentioned you may have a wiring problem that is causing the voltage to drop on the running lights each time the caution light is on.
0 Replies

gensetservices

Mon 16 Sep, 2013 03:01 am
@surge,
The light should go on and off.. Check the wire connection ... or contact a mechanic.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » surge
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 11:03:25