Don't forget to set your clocks forward tonight.

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 09:53 pm
Don't forget, it's back to Daylight Savings Time at 2:00 AM tonight.

So if you live in an area where they do DST it's Spring forward one hour. I guess we loose an hour's sleep tonight.

I luch out because I'm working a shift and I get to leave an hour early. It's my Friday Drunk
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,327 • Replies: 13
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 09:56 pm
Argh. I'm incredibly grumpy about this.

Can't people with small children get a daylight savings time exemption? Evil or Very Mad

Grump grump grump.

(The fall one's kind of cool, but this sucks.)
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 10:03 pm
I don't even know why we do this at all. Seems pointless. I've seriously considered moving to Arizona where they don't observe DST.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 10:23 pm
Yes, soz. A small child exemption and even more importantly, a housecat exemption. The furry ones wake us up an hour early for weeks until they adjust.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 11:51 pm
Ok, so it is DLST already? My time doesn't change, but if it did, since it's 12:10am here right now, it would be 1:10? Or does the time change tonight 2 for those of u?
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 12:16 am
stand up for pessimism wrote:
Ok, so it is DLST already? My time doesn't change, but if it did, since it's 12:10am here right now, it would be 1:10? Or does the time change tonight 2 for those of u?

Are we coming off of daylight savings time or going on it? My information came from here:

Click This!

All I know is my clock has to be set forward at 2am to be 3am.

"Spring Forward, Fall Back" That's the only way I can remember.

We have a cool radio controlled clock in our office. They tell me that it's supposed to set it's self at 2am. So I'm sitting here waiting to see if the hands on the clock wind it's self back at 2am. Sucks being bored.

So technically, if you look up at the clock tonight and it says 2:30, you're in a time that doesn't exist. Creepy huh?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 06:08 am
And a very good morning to you, too!

Eyes bright? Tail bushy? Good!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 07:13 am
Dairy cows take two weeks to adjust to Daylight Savings--and I only need about 15 days.

Hold your dominions--and check the smoke detectors.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 07:45 am
And if you like exactitude, don't forget the time portion on your answering machine message. If not you can always wait six months for it to correct itself.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 12:07 pm
I have a couple of atomic clocks that are tuned to an observatory in I think, Colorado. The darn things set themselves!
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 12:58 pm
My VCR's also self adjust via the observatory, but they need a "middleman" namely the local PBS station that gets the observatory signal.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 06:43 pm
My PC & TV-VCR both automatically adjust, with no outside input (other than me selecting "adjust for DST automatically").
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:00 pm
My dogs do NOT appreciate time change. They were very annoyed this morning.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 08:22 pm
ehBeth--

I'm not sure that I can blame DST, but Iffy wet the bed--and Mr. Noddy thinks it's cute to have her on our bed!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Don't forget to set your clocks forward tonight.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/12/2024 at 05:43:13