Good Hospital Tale (so you know the ending, but it takes a while)

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2013 09:22 pm
I suppose I have to explain that when I freaked multiple times, no one knew it.

I'm a quiet freaker.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2013 10:22 pm
@IRFRANK,
I had two dumps when I first started with Lisinopril and none for four more years, clinic doc and I cutting it down.

I remember this recent take in the room when I went though the tilt test, one guy raising up and saying no more lisinopril immediately as I had lost it and leaving the room.

That is a tough test, but there are people with you.. watching like eagles.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2013 10:47 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm guessing the drug, lisopril, doesn't affect every
one this way. Probably it mostly doesn't.

I'm just reporting my experience.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 02:24 pm
I saw the cardiologist again today, a couple of months after that short talk after the tilt test from hell. In that talk, I liked him while thinking he didn't suffer fools (and I could be one), though I think I remember he gave me a shoulder pat on the way out; I didn't feel any kind of icy doctor talking to you chill but was sort of stunned by his sureness and speed - but then I'd just been tilted some minutes before.

I grew to think he was right about the new drug over something like ten days, but still didn't understand the patterns (re the brochure) about when to take it re eating dinner and becoming supine and other yadda yadda.

This time we talked longer, both vociferously in a nice way, and he did listen and I listened back, and forth and back. So now of course I'm in love again, though I could be his mother. I exaggerate, but he's passed into my way-ok book*. Naturally enough he understood what has been going on with the bp swings that sometimes got fairly past rambunctious in these two months) and told me I can return to normal life, take 2 of the same pills a day, say ten or twelve hours apart, instead of three pills, and only take pressure every couple of days: as in this is working, relax. Nothin' about regulating when you eat dinner/supper much less when to lie down or not. No wonder people have trouble w/dat pill - the directions from the pill company are a wasteland.

Meantime he told me he had read the whole chart (it's fat) from the hospitalization again, and said my test results were very good. I brought up one niggling matter and he said, everybody has that. Big whhooo!

I get him better now. Will see him again in six months. Hooray.

* Lest I sound like a madwomandoctorlover, I have a few I don't just like - one that messed up my cataract surgery and intimated that it was because people with rp have this trouble, which my next ophthalmologist poo poo'ed; I went through fear for the other eye, the good one, and finally - years went by - let ophth two operate. That was a joyous experience, it was an easy operation as those go and the crew sang when the tricky part was past. I'm not sure they usually do that, I think it was for me to enjoy.

* the mds that didn't read my data correctly (one of those laughing when he was asking me if I knew I had palsy, ******, and the other missing the invasive ca thing in his quick chart read, whence later they wouldn't do mammos for me at the clinic again). I have the chart data from my surgeon (needed a second operation to chase it) plus I saw the original path slide data from the needle biopsy, brought the slide from LA to northern California to the surgeon myself. The man read fast and failed to zone in, because some stuff flitting around in report was called dcis - other pathology was found out of sito and moving far fairly fast.. He dismissed me as attention worthy though of course I said he was incorrect. I didn't fight that one, but maybe I still could, given I save that kind of stuff. (I can take the bus there.)

I can be a medical bully and it has worked (hi, Roberta!) but only in dire straits.

vonny

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 02:38 pm
@ossobuco,
I like the sound of your cardiologist - it does help so much when one has a decent doctor/surgeon.

Sounds as if you are doing well now? I hope so. You had a nasty spell of poor health a couple of months back - and all on top of losing dear Katy - not an easy time for you. I hope things are much better now. Smile
ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 02:44 pm
I need to talk to this doctor more about the relation of my plotzing with lisonpril.
Since I hit the floor fast early on, twice (just guessing it was 2006 or thereabouts, but primary doctor and I nudged the dose down), and then recently as in gory, when the dose was way way down (but I have a new skin dragonfly tattoo), it's related - but I'm not clear if it is the drug or me or combo.
IRFRANK

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 03:51 pm
@ossobuco,
So glad you are doing better. After reading this I did discuss the lisinopril side effects with my doc, so thanks. He did lower the dose and my faint spells are rare.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 04:04 pm
@IRFRANK,
So were mine, hadn't had a faint in something like six years, and when I got the plotz, and creamed my noggin this August, it was the second or third day sans taking the pill (I gather it lingers). I only took it if bp was in anyway high. When hospitalized, they gave me daily the regular small (2.5) dose, and tested after a weekend of that, ending in seizure.

I don't yet know if that is a pill problem or some people aren't good with it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 04:19 pm
@vonny,
I get my yearly eye super razzmatazz on Thursday. Trouble is I'm used to the serious stuff being ok, and can be surprised. This'll involve the optic nerve(s) photos, which are easy in the doing. The stress is usually just getting there and back, since the senior city van went to the wrong address not so long ago and that was that (it's not as well provided as wished for, few vans for a lot of people).
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:50:07