Do any of you remember the "WHITE DOLL-BLACK DOLL experiment?

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 05:50 pm

The White Doll-Black Doll Experiment?
Some years ago a group of child psychologists performed that well known experiment commonly referred to as ,the white doll,black doll,experiment.

They started by installing in a typical american classroom [ early grade school level] 32 dolls ;all of equal
value ,all the same size and all dressed exactly the same . All 32 dolls of infants were divided equally in number and equally displayed , with 16 white dolls on one side and sixteen black infant dolls on the other.

The color and race of the dolls being the ONLY difference.

After the dolls were set up ,some 20-30 black students ,all very young girls ,entered the classroom and were told they could go to the front of the room and pick out whatever doll they wished to play with or take home with them.

Almost all of them chose the white dolls . the one or two that picked up the black dolls at first, quickly put them down and went over to the side of the display that contained the white baby dolls and also picked them to play with.

This experiment peeked my interest in studying the aesthetic differences that are perceived by blacks toward white race folk.

And trying to explain why whites are perceived as being nicer looking.

it reminded me of welfare workers in mississippi ,counselling young black females who were promiscous and being told that they hope to have sex with a white boy in order to have a white baby someday or some said a light skin baby.

When the welfare worker asked why ,the black teenager responded ,saying black babies are ugly to look at and defecate too much.

Go figure!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 649 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 06:07 am
Have you EVER seen Rhianna?

Do you not think that Muhammed Ali was probably one of the best looking men that ever lived?

Have they delivered your Guide Dog yet?

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 08:54 am
"Peeked" your interest? Didn't you once allege that you are a teacher? Where did you get your degree, the back of a corn flakes box?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 10:54 am
@count markovalley,
That study was replicated recently.

count markovalley

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 05:09 pm
@Lordyaswas,
like blacks guys do ya. par for the course in limeyland.
count markovalley

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 06:49 pm
@DrewDad,
and with the same results,i might add.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 01:51 am
@count markovalley,
count markovalley wrote:

like blacks guys do ya. par for the course in limeyland.

Ah, the Count doth protest too much, methinks.
My guess is that you are a 20 year old nerd with a leather/uniform fetish, who would dearly love to try a Thai Ladyboy, but because of deep seated racism, you have to make do with blond lads when your mum gives you enough pocket money.

.......and the reference to limeyland would indicate that you are probably American, which comes as a great relief to me, as we have more than enough ignorant twats of our own.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 07:15 am
@count markovalley,
count markovalley wrote:
the same results

Thus the word "replicated."

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be snarky with someone so obviously dealing with personal limitations.

Were you born this way or is it brain damage?
0 Replies

count markovalley

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 02:57 pm
it makes sense ;given the fact that blacks always try to look as white as possible.
red hair doesn't quite do it. unless they're trying out for a role as a sundae.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do any of you remember the "WHITE DOLL-BLACK DOLL experiment?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 04:39:26