Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 04:09 pm
The Mexican is not your typical Latino.
The Mexican is hard to define ,but must be, if we are ever to defend ourselves against his encroachment into the american fabric of life.

There are many odd things to see in the Mexican ,whether as a citizen or fugitive.

Some things are actually funny and some reveal a definite neurosis that contributes to the unpredictability of this creature.

What I find amusing is his intolerance for others ,even other Latinos whom he despises as racial misfits.

It's hard for the average American to understand this without studying the history of Mexico ,from the conquest to the present.

It's really too long a story but something that at first always confused me was the fact that Mexicans do not concede or admit to their indigenous heritage.

In fact ,you don't want to call or refer to a Mexican as a Meztizo or Indian or even a part Indian .

But what is also amusing is they hate being called part Spanish or even Hispanic ,or Latino.

So what are they? They are Mexicans .!!

The word Latino ,in their minds smacks of Europe and they hate Europeans . Hispanic sounds like Spanish and they hate the Spanish.

So what are they? They are Mexicans! While they hate the Spanish they deeply love the Spanish language and fight to keep it. So go figure.

The Catholic religion is definitely branded : MEXICAN .and I've even known Mexicans who are devout Catholics but never heard of the Pope and /or refuse to believe that Mexican Catholics believe in him or have him as an authority.

For many, this is not very interesting , but we will never be able to deal with these people who are here to stay, if we neglect to learn what makes them tick.

With a Mexican,what you see ,is often not all what you get.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 464 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » What exactly is a Mexican?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 01:26:10