Relationship between Hepburn and Tracy

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 02:31 pm
I always thought the relationship between Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn as being platonic, like brother and sister, that she was lesbian, but in her book, in her own words, she said to Tracy...

"i Think that you imagined that I was a lesbian, but not for long, did you"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 825 • Replies: 4
No top replies

firefly

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 03:11 pm
@Rickoshay75,
I never thought their relationship was platonic. Or that she was a lesbian.

Hepburn just liked wearing slacks...she was ahead of her time in that, and in her general outspokenness and independence.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 04:43 pm
Gore Vidal's buddy Scotty Bowers claimed that he set Katharine Hepburn up “with over 150 different women” in his book "Full Service: My Adventures in Hollywood and the Secret Sex Lives of Stars". He also mentions his own homosexual affairs with Cary Grant, Spencer Tracy and J. Edgar Hoover. Reviews of the book say he "outs" Rock Hudson, Cole Porter, Tennessee Williams, Noel Coward, James Dean, Anthony Perkins, and Raymond Burr. (I thought they were mostly pretty out already. The only one of these that even vaguely surprised me was Raymond Burr, although now you mention it...)

Old (1980s) joke:
Q: By what route did AIDS enter America?
A: Up the Hudson!

0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 12:08 am
Hepburn and Tracy wanted to get married, but Tracy's wife was Catholic (or something like that) and believed that divorce is a sin, so they had to live together as though married.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 12:31 am
It seems that Hepburn swung both ways. See "Kate: The Woman Who Was Katharine Hepburn" by William J. Mann. At the same time, she didn't really like sex itself, so the idea that the relationship with Spencer Tracy was platonic is either the truth or not very far from it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Relationship between Hepburn and Tracy
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 03:55:06