What does it represent to you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 473 • Replies: 9
No top replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 07:02 pm
Today three women came walking down the street I live on, shirtless with no bras, wishing everyone happy gay pride day...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 12:10 am
Does the Gay Pride Parade represent all LGBT people?

Well consider this, if your local Hooters decided to stage a Heterosexual Pride Parade with topless women pole dancers in string bikinis with their ass crack showing and johns licking Jello shots off their boobs would that represent the heterosexual community as a whole?

Many gays will not bring their kids to see a pride parade. Not because we don't have gay pride but because we do have gay pride.

I am 50 years old and gay and I have actually never been to a pride parade. I have seen them on YouTube. I personally don't wear drag, leather chaps or drive a Harley.

I just think the crap that is in the bars BOTH heterosexual and straight should not be crawling out of the gutter and parading their twisted bar scene mentality down main street. Gay pride parades should clean up their acts. This bar scene mentality should not dominate the parade.

I am all for drag queens and gay men in chaps being in the parade but not men and women so scantily dressed they are an embarrassment to the rest of the community who has quite a bit more sense. Gay pride and diversity does not mean anything goes Mary.

I remember when the local gay bar had Karaoke... It was a very nice crowd of men and women all gathering to sing. I used to go there a few times a week. Then a new owner came and bought the local club and out went the karaoke and in came the coke-head dancer boys with their jock straps and ass crack exposed (sorry to be so vulgar) selling jello shots and men licking whipped cream off their "abs". These are the very same people organizing the, err, "Pride Parade"...

I have no more repulsion to seeing women breasts exposed than I do seeing the male abs and butt cheeks exposed. It is all cheap and has nothing whatsoever to do with LGBT people in general.

I think it is time LGBT people took back the Pride Parade and put some real PRIDE and RESPECT back into it.

If LGBT people want respect then we should behave like we are worthy of it.

The LGBT community should not be a catch all for every facet of people who have social issues... Talk about stereotypes... Clean up these parades so most LGBT people (and Heterosexuals) would want to bring their families to see the parade and not avoid them like the plague...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 11:16 am
Today I went to my first gay pride parade.

I was immediately on the verge of tears, I'm a big old softie anyways. The people were so nice and I did not see all the nudity I expected to see there. Just happy people shining from the inside out.

And then a miracle happened, a rainbow appeared and circled around the sun. It was a sign that the sky approved of such love. I had never seen a rainbow around the sun, I did not know it was even possible.

Today was one of my better days I have spent on planet earth.

I can be so wrong about things sometimes.

Thank you Portland Maine pride parade for such a beautiful and heart warming experience!

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 01:25 pm
@RexRed,
I enjoy Pride.

World Pride is in Toronto this year - the big opening event was last night. It's going to be 10 days of parties and shows and parades. I'll march in at least one parade to support my friends of all genders and orientations. We'll be doing at least one Bellydancers with Pride gig over the next 10 days. Funnily enough, a big Steampunk event is on this weekend as well so there are people in every kind of outfit wandering around town. It's pretty damn fantastic.

I especially like seeing the older gay couples wandering through the events, holding hands and smiling hugely.
RexRed

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 08:58 pm
@ehBeth,
Here is a music video I made of today's pride parade in Portland Maine 6/21/2014.

There were a lot more photos of things to see but I had to fit it all into the length of my song.

Maybe I will make an extended version sometime.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 09:52 pm
@RexRed,
Good discussion Rex, I'll have to catch up tomorrow. Tired and need some rest, but very interested.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 10:15 pm
@RexRed,
awww love that rainbow of colour

I think it would be nice to go to a smaller city's pride parade - a little more personal and neighbourly

that's a sweet video
RexRed

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 04:30 am
@ehBeth,
Thank you Ehbeth, it has been difficult getting people to even watch it.

So I REALLY appreciate your comments...

I had a really good time, at several points I could not keep myself from being overwhelmed by positive emotion.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 09:45 am
Record Turnout Expected for Tech Companies at Gay Pride Parade
http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/record-turnout-expected-tech-companies-gay-pride-parade-n143011
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Gay Pride Parade
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 03:48:09