Twenty Questions You Should Ask Yourself Each Sunday

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 04:25 pm
Not a bad suggestion but how many people will ever make this a routine?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 05:40 pm
I tend to stew and worry--a lot. I had twelve sessions of special therapy to try to decrease all this angst. Now, when I find myself stewing, I ask myself whether what I'm stewing about is worth the aggravation and energy. Usually it isn't. I can let it go. If the answer is yes, it is worth the aggravation and energy (like not being able to pay my bills or having a biopsy), I ask myself whether there's something I can do to eliminate the stew-worthy issue. I usually come up with something.

This has worked reasonably well. I think it's called sanity.

BTW, Thanks for the major award.
Joe Nation

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 06:03 am
@Roberta,
Roberta:
Wasn't there some meme out there that said
Don't worry.
“If there’s something you can do, then it makes no sense to worry about it. And if there’s nothing you can do to help the situation, then it makes no sense to worry about it.”

I had to go and find that.

It's a good shortcut.
~~
I use iCloud reminders for my lists. Whatever I put on my computer, ends up on my phone and vice versa.
I have to have a shopping list. It's about money and it's about having on hand what I need to make meals. I invented (hah) a system for myself.
First, I made a long list of everything I normally need to buy.
Fish
Salad
Broccoli
Squash
Spinach
Eggs
blah blah blah.

then I put an X by whatever I already have on the list on the phone.
Fish
Salad X
Broccoli
Squash X
Spinach
Eggs X

then I go shopping and, as I put stuff in the basket, I X them off until the list looks like this:
FishX
SaladX
Broccoli X
Squash X
Spinach X
Eggs X
..... .
I take off the Xs as I use stuff and the list is ready for the next foray.

Joe(I ♥ iCloud)Nation

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 10:42 am
@Joe Nation,
Thanks, but not genius. Awareness is a practice. It is far too easy to get caught up in analysis. Our minds seem to work at too fast a pace, have too much time available for distraction.
0 Replies

hamburgboy

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 12:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
... DITTO ! ... Wink

i am Confused enough as it is !
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 01:48 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Roberta:
Wasn't there some meme out there that said
Don't worry.
“If there’s something you can do, then it makes no sense to worry about it. And if there’s nothing you can do to help the situation, then it makes no sense to worry about it.”

I had to go and find that.

It's a good shortcut.
~~

Joe, I don't think there are any shortcuts. It's not about knowing what makes sense. It's about actually being able to get yourself not to worry. In my case it also involved stewing (being angry and carrying it around).
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:06:51