Is Using One Way ANOVA appropriate?

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 11:34 pm
Our school project requires Statistical Analysis and I'm not quite knowledgable about it. I'm reading right now and I've learned some things but I'm still confused.

So what I did was I used different sponges with different doses to test their antimicrobial effect. So basically, pathogens were placed in wells and different extracts with different doses from different sponges were used.

I had sponges 1-7 with a high dose, medium dose and low dose.
I have 4 controls sterility control (no pathogen and extract),
growth control(with pathogen only), positive control (with antibiotic and pathogen) and negative control.

I assume there should be only one control which is growth control and sterility ,negative and positive should be considered as treatments.

So to summarize I had 7 sponges with different doses. I also had different treatments.

My question is should I use one-way anova here. If not, what should be the most appropriate?
Another is, should I remove sterility control here since it was simply a test for sterility?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,459 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is Using One Way ANOVA appropriate?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:01:10