We have a culture to gift when we are invited to birthday party, marriage ceremony or bridal party

Abal

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 07:52 pm
We use our time and energy to attend the party and take care about our losses is it right move?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 319 • Replies: 5
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 08:01 pm
@Abal ,
I'm not sure what your question is. Are you asking if you should bring a gift to a wedding or birthday party? If you attend the party, it's customary to bring a gift. Was there another part you find confusing?
MattDavis

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 11:47 pm
@glitterbag,
Are you asking if you should still go to the party, if you cannot afford the gift?

It is acceptable to give even an inexpensive gift.
There is an expression "It's the thought that counts."
This means the most important part of the tradition, is that you give something.
It does not have to be an expensive thing.
roger

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 11:51 pm
It might make a difference depending on where the person lives.
0 Replies

MattDavis

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 12:04 am
@MattDavis,
Yes. Sorry I did assume that this was directed at American culture. Embarrassed
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 12:05 pm
@MattDavis,
Yikes! I'm not telling anyone to go into debt, I agree a gift need not be expensive. On many invitations often the host specifically ask that gifts not be given, they only want the pleasure of your company. On the flip side, if you accept someone's hospitality, it would be rude to suggest you are disappointed with whatever is served.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » We have a culture to gift when we are invited to birthday party, marriage ceremony or bridal party
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:54:21